cold air intake??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVDOG

So I Bought The K&n Air Filter But I Go To Put It On My Savvy And It Hits The Spur Gear. So I Go On Ebay And Found This Aluminium Cold Air Intake. Does Anybody Run This And Is It Worth Buying? If Anybody Knows Please Let Me Know Before I Spend The Money On Nothing.

The stock filter is very simmular to the motor saver but its' still not the same as the motor saver.

SAVBOG-don't wast your money or time on either the cold air intake or the K&N filters, like said above. The K&N is actually one of the worst fiters you can put on you savage for dust unless you put on a prefilter and even then it will never stop everything compaired to the foam filters. This finter is just a 1:1 scale car crankcase breather filter marketed for RC's. In these tight tolorance engines and high reving engines a very very small amount of dust will wreck it. In 1:1 cars its not a particular. Anyway I could go on for ever so you get the hint.

i agree. i tried the cold air intake once and could not get my motor tuned in due to the lack of air. Thease motors do not have enough vaccume to pull the air from the front of the truck to the carb. That means that you have to lean the motor to the danger zone. With a motor leaned out that much then you put on a filter that lets alot of dust and such through your just asking for trouble. Thats just my 2 cents on the matter take it for what its worth.

k&n fliters are awsome for your real car or truck, cant get much better then them but arent worth it for a rc!! the stock air filter setup is actually a fairly good one,if not that use the motorsaver.. but as i said the stock ones actually better then most of the airfilters that are put on trucks as stock!!

i would stay away from k&n filters they are great for real cars but for a savage the just arnt good enough i would say motosaver air filter all the way. thats what i run and loads more people on this site use them!
4x4

Thanks For The Info I Will Be Selling The K&n Filter. I Just Bought My New K4.6 And I Din't Feel Like Rebuilding Already. You Guys Are A Great Help. Your All Awsome. Thanks Savdog

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back