clutch bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the slipper loosens up, the pad glazes and the nut and spring lose tension causing the need for all parts to need replacing.....

I've got to ask...

What happens if you don't lock it down??

You'll see sluggish performance since the slipper would constantly "slip" too much. This was the case for me when I installed an aftermarket engine. The engine would push hard but the wheels wouldn't spin off.

Last edited:
its locked down . I cant run it without it . I'm running a modded 5.9 it makes to much torque

glued behind the spur is a pad and pressure plate system which absorbs shocks to the drive system, it is adjusted by the nut and spring in the center of the spur gear, most run it locked down to prevent the spur and pad being damaged by excessive slipping...My manual has a complete breakdown of the system on page 37

glued behind the spur is a pad and pressure plate system which absorbs shocks to the drive system, it is adjusted by the nut and spring in the center of the spur gear, most run it locked down to prevent the spur and pad being damaged by excessive slipping...My manual has a complete breakdown of the system on page 37
So when you say run it locked down, you are referring to running the nut all the way down tight?

Got it...I was wondering cause I have it torn apart due to the CB gears stripped out due to the mount got loose and I lost some screws.

Latest posts

Members online

Back