clutch bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N713TL

what is a good one to use ? I'm using the harden steel only last a hour of time .. this is after a heavy fang and polish on the k5.9 any suggestions

What bell is it specifically and what spur? I probably have over a gallon on my 17T with the HPI steel spur. It's just an X with a LRP28 in it though, so I can't get on it too hard until it's moving pretty good or it just flips on it's roof. Well... it did until the new t-bonez wheelie bar, but still, when the front end comes up, I let off the gas.

That said, I've gotten many hours out of OFNA hardened bells against steel spurs.

I've used robinson racing with no issues for years.

More importantly though, if you are tearing up a hardened steel bell in an hour something is wrong. Your mesh is likely not set correctly or something in your chassis is damaged causing an imperfect mesh.

Or perhaps you're not letting of the throttle when landing jumps. ;):D

Img_151223160850.JPG

I got my mesh set right and I haven't had any jumps just running on pavement chassis is tight and level . just after a power upgrade . ive tried 2wd and 4wd that a 16 , 17 , 18

Try the Robinson spur and bells, they seem much tougher than any of the other "hardened" gears out there

I'm going to I think its just to much power for the stock harden bells after my mods the torque seem to be off the charts lol

figured out the problem lol I was sleeping on this the top cover on the trans was a lil loose . lifting up and wearing down the teeth of the bell

figured out the problem lol I was sleeping on this the top cover on the trans was a lil loose . lifting up and wearing down the teeth of the bell

I seem to remember someone stating that possibly something on your chassis was off.

You're welcome. :D:cool:

yea yea lol filled holes and redrilled .. the screws backed out . never touched the trans don't know why they were loose

yea yea lol filled holes and redrilled .. the screws backed out . never touched the trans don't know why they were loose

It's metal screws going into plastic. It really doesn't take much to loosen them, or strip them.

a hour of running hard and its good . thread locked the screws and ordered a aluminum trans case

Since we are in the subject of clutch bells, my 17t clutchbell stripped while I was running it. The bearing went out so it caused the clutch bell to go off alignment.

Would anybody know if 47/16 would fit the savage without modifications? I have a spare 16t clutchbell. I'm only asking before I pull the engine out or decide to order another 17t clutchbell.

James, it will fit. Here is a chart that gives some idea of the ranges that fit without modification. The 16/47 combo is a bit on the outskirts of meshing correctly though.

SavGear.jpg

47/16 requires a steel spur to work. I should have said that in my first post. I ate the teeth off of several plastic spurs but had no problems with a steel one. It was my favorite gearing with the 4.6 and Big Joe tires.

OFNA clutch bells better same or worse then the hpi bells .. I got one today for 5$ with bearings ??

Depends if it's hardened or not. I ran ofna hardened bells for years with steel spurs.

guy at my lhs hooked me up I went therw 4 of them a few weeks ago

what do you mean ??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back