Clutch Bell Wont Spin Freely

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corydre

hey guys, new to the forum here, ill cut to the chase...

Savage xl 5.9.... tried installing 2 new clutch bell bearings and bell and put it all back together to find when the screw is tightened anywhere past BARELY finger tight... it locks up the clutch to the flywheel... I noticed the shaft isnt flush or passing the last spacer and i don't know if thats normal or not... I have put it back together just as the manual describes with the code matching parts... please help

More than likely the new bell is taller and this is causing the bearings to bind up, take them both and set them side by side to check.....

Got pix of them both ??? has got to be something like that because if identical it would not be locking up the bell....

Or possibly there were shims and you didn't get them back on in the same order ??

after the nut with the clutch shoes on it... i put the washer, then the inner bearing, bell housing, outter bearing, spacer, then the screw

Attachments

• 20150424_183020.jpeg
    20150424_183020.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150424_183345.jpeg
    20150424_183345.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
well, i think i might have found the problem, I didnt take the clutch shoes off till now and the nut they were on backed off a bit somehow.. so i will tighten it back up and see where it sits...

Well the bells look the same, did you change the flywheel and shoes ? how about a pic of the flywheel and clutch also

problem is fixed!!!!!!!!!! the nut somehow backed off, shes spinning free as a bird now. thanks for the help!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back