Cheap but good radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't agree with you more.. my son has beat the crappy out of his and still works like when it was new..

How does this compare to more expensive transmitters and receivers?

Is there an advantage to paying 100+ more for a similarly equipped Futaba or Spectrum?

from all i have heard axoman it works just as well as the higher priced radio's with all the options but may have a bit shorter range then lets say a futaba radio...........

i did a range test on two cars. one with this raido and one with the spektrum at the same time.. lets put it this way i needed a cell phone to hear my friend i was so far away and both were working just fine...

Great to hear just put mine in last night seems work good going give it a try tomorrow .

i did a range test on two cars. one with this raido and one with the spektrum at the same time.. lets put it this way i needed a cell phone to hear my friend i was so far away and both were working just fine...

that awsome to know!! maybe the other members who have bought one of these radio's can post up there opinion's on it as well.............

Just ordered one last night! Figured getting one can only be good at that price two recievers and trans. for 42bucks! I wil definatly let ya know how it works. I needed new radio anyway hopefuly I won't have to get another specktum.Thanxs for the info!

got mine today and tried it out for a bit with the blitz ...awesome range decent feel to it all and all def. cant beat it for the price

i got mine but didnt get to test it out ... i install both recievers on my trucks ... cant wait to try them

I would just like to say that I HATE you guys. I was reading this post last night, I blacked out, and when I woke up a few minutes later, I had ordred one!!! I can see now you guys are going to cost me a lot of money!!!!

hahaha youll like it i know i do over the stock hpi one and the JR xr2 that i was using this thing hands down is way better.. if i get the savage done today ill be testing that out later with it as well..

Got mine couple days ago. Installed 2 recievers,binding is so easy.Getting the tx set up is idiot proof. Didnt get to run for long but back n forth in the yard, but it felt more responsive then my spekrum. The only negative I found so far,is no manual at all in the box.It doesnt really matter do to the fact they walk you through it all on videos.Plus it is a very simple bind process. Ill let ya know more,after this weekend when ill put it through its pacess with other txs around.

Finally got mine. This thing is awesome for the price. I don't have my new engine yet, but I still did the binding and installed the receiver in the truck. I was going to replace my steering servo (as it wasn't turning the wheels with the truck on the ground), but now the servo is working fine. I can't imagine that having the engine out would make that much of a difference. Is this real, or am I imagining it?

Its real, my servos seem to have more range than they did with my other tx.

Has anyone figured out what charger to get for it and a battery mod so you don't have to keep replacing double A's? I've looked online a little and haven't found much besides one guy putting an 11.1v LiPo in it but I don't want to get into it with that much cash.

i got aa rechargeables ... can i buy a charger and recharge them while in the remote?

Hey punished yes u can go to radio shack and buy a wall adapter with the right tip to fit it but bring the remote so they can match it up

Took my fs out today for its first real test.The thing worked great,very comfortable,and easy to navagate settings.I have to say the range was more than adaquate.No glitching or receiver problems. I would defanatley recommend this fs tx and rx to any Basher(such as myself).I just wish this tx was avaialable when i bought my Spektrum.

While discussing this radio in another thread https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17572 and following what everyone was saying in this thread, I ordered one of these radio's myself. I was never really on the fence about picking up one of these radio's. I personally couldn't see how it couldn't be a significant upgrade to the stock HPI AM radio.
It's a 2.4 Ghz radio with a many of the features found on the high end radio's for $35 bucks.

Now, I'm waiting for it to get here so I can test it out. Hopefully it will work as good as it has for the other members who've used it. I'm sure it will be fine. I've spent more than 35 bucks on other stuff for my Savage and it either broke or is sitting in a box somewhere.

I'm not much for impulse buying but i just bought a new reciever in hopes of correcting some rfi issues and they persisted so i just bought one of these and i guess ill just throw that new reciever in the parts box... Lol I'm really hoping this fixes my problems.

For anybody that has this radio, over on www.rctech.net, there is a thread on this particular radio and there is even a guy that is making firmware upgrades to add features and fix some problems with the factory firmware.

I just bought one of these myself. I have been running 2 of the 2 channel Flysky's for a while now with no issues at all out of it. I already have 3 recievers, and so now Ill have 4 receivers. I think the thing I will enjoy the most will be the model memory. Never had a radio with that feature. Since I refuse to spend big money on a radio, this fits me perfectly. lol

Anyone have pictures of theirs? I'd like to get measurements of how tall it is from the back to the steering wheel cause I have an RC tool box that I store my radio in and wondering if it'll fit, I currently have a broken FM magnum Futaba.

Latest posts

Members online

Back