chassis plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

anyone know the differance beween the stock x tvp and some of the aftermarket chassis.....how much lower is the aftermarket if any at all?

It all depends on which ones your talking about. Do you have any in mind, if so please let us know and we can help more. There are many different vareations that people are making.

well i guess i would be happy with any lcg plates....do you have the dimensions of any aftermarket chassis other than IRC? Hpi claims to be around 5mm lower than original. Thanks

Sorry, I'm not much of a help to ya Blazer..

Here are the specs on the FastLane Machines LCG TVPs

Low Center of Gravity TVP FLM45200

Machined from billet 6061 aluminum
4.7mm (.187") thick for extreme abuse
.500 lower center of gravity
Drilled for Fast Lane center skid plate
Seperate kits also available for inline throttle servo, steering servo mount on chassis, fuel tank relocation
Also includes FLM45700 Motor Plate
Will not directly work w/ Rotostart will require slight modification to stock bulk (will not need to modify Fast Lane Hybrid)

those are for the LCG, Fastlane also makes a Super Duty TVP but It doesn't look like It lowers the center of gravity.

Super Duty Twin Vertical Plates FLM45000

Machined from billet 6061 aluminum
4.7mm (.187") thick for extreme abuse
Machined pockets for lightweight
CNC machined on both sides for awesome looks

Nissan- The difference in the two kits you have linked are the first one is just extended 6mm tord the front and the second one is extended 6mm tord the front and also extended 1" tord the rear with the extended length dog bone included.

Blazer- As far as the Stock HPI TVP's go the Savage X ones at 10MM Lower than the Savage 25 or 21's are which is just under 1/2". The HPI Race LCG ones I believe are 1/2" lower than that.

As far as the IRC and FLM regular ones they are very close to the same hight as the savage X TVP's and there LCG ones are usually 1/2" lower.

Blazer,

I am agreeing with larsen,

HPI's Savage X chassis is 5mm (6.35mm = .25 in) lower than the .21 & .25 stock chassis

HPI's LCG chassis is 12mm lower that the .21 & .25 chassis plates.

Platium Rc Products (Larsen's) if i am correct are .500 lower compared to .21 & .25 chassis plates.

Fastlane Chassis LCG chassis is .500 lower than .21 & .25 stock plates.

Innovative Rc LCG chassis plates are 12mm lower than the stock .21 & .25 chassis plate.

Hopefully this breakdown helps you.

I can give you a good comparo picture between the Savage X TVP and a Fastlane extended LCG TVP. The front mounting holes are lined up so you can see how much lower the engine and trans bolt holes are.
flm006lm8.jpg

Notice that you do lose a little ground clearance, but ONLY in the center of the chassis since it doesn't "V" up in the middle. I'm sure the IRC or Platinum chassis are very similar in that respect. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this part :))

Members online

No members online now.
Back