center diff help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I have made a center Diff for my savages that goes inside the transmission on the final drive so that you still have the functions of the two or three speed if I want or I can just run a High speed flux idler gear and race my savage in the truggy class legal like
smile.gif

However this is where the issue comes in once I put it in the truck I loose front breaks. Anyone have any ideas on how to attach breaks to the front drive? Anything from a buggy or truggy that you may know of would be helpful just trying to brainstrom ideas.

When you brake its probably just stopping the rear wheels and not the front because of that center diff. The only thing I could think of to do would be to add another disk brake on the other side of the tranny so it stops BOTH outdrives.

as a buggy or truggy has two break systems one before the center and one after the center if i remember correctly so maybe applying that idea would work ?

i don't think you can as there is no room for the brake disc

I put Revo shocks on a cantilever system on my Savage ... There's a way to do front/back brakes on a center diff truck (Buggy Proven), there's a truck with auto gearshifting (Savage) from 1st, to 2nd, even to 3rd and you can adjust the shift points.. The concept has merit, the execution is where we are. The front brakes would probably fit in the place of a Reverse module. Oh, right, Reverse is impossible too, right ?

Don't ever shoot down an idea, even if you have failed to think of it or put it together, someone else might. Again, I just need to know how the center diff was put in. Then I can think about front braking.

We ant shooting the idea down I think if u can do it then good luck to them, I thought of it being fitted to the reverse screws my self but like u said what happens if u have reverse fitted also like u have said is how did u fit a centre diff I think before anyone answer any question could we have some pictures to help us to help you.

the center diff will be mounted inside of the trans I'm sure. pope the ways i see to do this are to A. put cable operated disk brakes behind the wheel or on the out drives of the diff. or B put a brake like the sh buggy at the input to the diff. i don't think a second savage set up could be used on the front of the transmission.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back