Cen shocks comparison/ vs savage stockers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just have to look around and keep your eyes open.....

I scored 4 for only $13

Ok-question for those of you with CEN shocks or shocks with reservoirs.....I am rebuilding mine and putting in heavier shock oil (40 wt). What is the proper way to fill the shocks? Do you even have to put shock oil in the reservoir? Previously I filled the shock body. Then I put the cap on, turned the shock over, then unscrewed the silver cap of the reservoir, then I filled the reservoir with shock oil. I'm not certain I am supposed to put shock oil in the reservoir now but I did anyways and saw no ill effects. So what is the proper way to fill shocks with a reservoir?

Straight from the CEN website:

Instructions for installing Reservoirs

To install reservoirs to your shocks follow the proceeding instruction carefully in order to get the best results.

PART ONE - ASSEMBLE THE RESEVOIR
1. Install the G70301 o ring over the 5x6mm screw. Next screw the button head 5x6mm screw into the bleeder valve making sure that you do not over-tighten the screw or tear the o ring.

2. Repeat for all four reservoirs.

PART TWO - FILL THE SHOCK BODY WITH OIIL
1. Next insert on #12.5 O ring into each reservoir as shown in the diagram making sure that the O ring seats evenly.

2. Then fill the shock body with oil. Slowly move the shock shaft up and down until the air bubbles are fully removed from the shock. Then refill the shock body with oil to the top of the body.

3. Next screw the reservoir to the shock body. It is important to make sure that you do not cross thread that reservoir while screwing it onto the shock body. This will create a leak and permanently damage your shock reservoirs.

PART THREE - FILL THE RESEVOIR WITH OIL
1. Now you will need to fill the reservoir with oil. Turn the shock upside down and place the shock shaft / piston in the middle of the shock body. Remove the GS0236 reservoir cap and insert oil to middle of the threads in the reservoir body.

2. Next tighten the GS236 reservoir cap with the #10 O ring into the end of the reservoir as shown in the diagram.

3. Next gradually loosen the bleeder screw and slowly compress the shock shaft to the top of the shock body. (Do not completely remove the bleeder screw. Just loosen the screw so that the oil can seep out)

4. Then tighten the bleeder screw. Be careful to no over tighten this screw!

5. Repeat for all four shocks.

No problem,

And for even more details, here is the actual diagram...

CENShocks.jpg

Does anyone that has them mounted on the truck mind taking a pic of how they have them mounted to the X a-arm please?

You have to cut the first little (tab) off ..for a lack of a better word

then they mount like the stockers .. I have them on .25 arms ( I like them better anyway) They are hard to find anymore tho

Hey Parker-I didn't cut out the tab like Jester suggested. What I did was take the pivot ball thing off of the stock savage shock and put it in the hole in the end of the CEN shock. It is loose so you have to be careful when you put it in the slot in the suspension arm, and once you set it in there, just put the screw in and then it will be nice and snug. I have ran them like this for atleast half of a gallon and have had no problems. I can take pictures tomorrow if you want me to.

Thanks Zud, I actually did what jester did and put them on. Seems to be ok, not sure how they will hold like this but I will find out! Tell ya I LOVE these shocks so far, only running 4 but dang they feel so much nicer than the stock savage shocks.

I ran four for awhile and it handled awesome. Then I put the other 4 on and i think I had 40 wt oil in all of them and spring spacers and it was so stiff. I'm going to have to search for that right ride for a good handling basher.

IDk man I run all 8
w/ 35wt oil .. seems stiff but it still bottoms out with like a 5 foot drop ..

I have easyly have jumped it over 20 foot .. The have held up great tho .. don't belive me on the jumps ..

Click here for proof :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back