CEN Diffs or Savage Flux Diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugsan

I saw something on the HPI website... It says new savage flux's diffs are more than durable than the old ones... So is it necessary to do cen diff mod, or are the savage flux diffs are enough?

I just bought a set of flux diffs for my 4.6 and the only difference is the ring gear is machined not cast so that is a little stronger but the pinon is still the same in my opinion if you need alot stronger diffs then go with the cens

i bought a mach 454 engine and proline 40 series bowties on wabash, i think the stress on the diffs will increase... I haven't broken the engine in yet, so i haven't tried... But i think i will have to mod my diffs?

do u think any problem will occur on diffs after mach 454 and 40 series bowties?

um nope might be a little more but probly shimmed diffs will be okay i run 40s moabs on beadlocks with savage x difss shimmed with a picco 28 and I'm good

it's good for me to know that... So if i shim my diffs, it'll be good and i hope no problem will occur...

Correct you will be fine. I would run the diffs your running till there gone. Why fix something that ant broke. Get in there and shim them. The 454 isn't that powerful.

ok thanks for that... How much powerful is the mach 454 than the F 4.6?

Not sure never seen one run but I cant imagin it will beat the Picco 28 or anything of that nature. But it will over power the F4.6 with ease I would think.

i bought the engine to try how good it is, if i don't like what would you suggest?

Probably, if I don't like it, i will buy a new engine because I'm from Turkey and it is hard for me to send things and wait them to return...

My issue with the old diffs was always bearing related. The bearing on the ring side would always colapse without warning and this would cause instant death to the ring and pinion. To get the full benefit out of the flux diff you have to get the flux diff case for the bigger bearing on the ring side.

honestly i say cen, do it right the first time and don't worry about them.... if your from turkey why take a chance? since its so hard to get parts get the right ones the first time.... OR buy 3 flux diffs so you have extra parts..

I shop on EBAY and i get what i wanted, but the shipping time is too long about 4 to 6 weeks... So i have to choose the best part for my savage... There are all brands and all parts in Turkey too, but really more expensive than EBAY... So i look at the forums first, ask people and then buy... I have to be sure what i bought is the best match..

I ran 2 gallons and i had no problems with my stock diffs, I decided to shim my diffs and then try with my new engine and tires, if i had a problem, then i'll buy CEN diffs... If i don't have any problems with shimmed diffs, i think it is unnecessary to change with CENs...

thanks guys just ordered the parts for cen mod and just got the flux bulk heads but a revo big block conv is on my bench must finish it for buddy before I start the good stuff

Latest posts

Members online

Back