CEN big bore shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They wont stretch to fit the cen shocks?

they were kinda snug-ish getting them on the Savage springs (made for the Sav)...but I haven't seen the kewl Skull ones listed for the Cen shocks...wonder if he could make a set if I requested them and paid a little extra? :D

Well here is another pic of more of these shocks mounted up.
custom.jpg

I also found that you could take a LST mounting kit...turn it upside down and and mount the Cen shock to the lowest hole you don't lose much ground clearance. Truck on the left is using the LST mounting kit upside down. The truck on the right uses the Cen shock mounted in the stock locations.
Just a side note for all those that watched the snapped up contest, there is both sets of the tires I received mounted up. :coolone: :grinning:

so that's just using the upper part of the LST mounting kit? or are you using the lower bracket as well? finally won a set (4...still need another 4) on eBay for a decent price...just over $20 shipped...for the behemoth, I want to mount all 8 :D

Yes just the upper LST mounts, I have a pic not the best as my good camera is on the fritz. (So I treid my phone cam.:embarrassed: )
a380bd59.jpg

sweet...I can make something like that here easy enough(I'm at work at a precision machine shop ;) )

sweet...I can make something like that here easy enough(I'm at work at a precision machine shop ;) )

Do you think you could make 4 extra to send my way? ;)
(Also would you be able to make rear tierod elimination brackets?)

well, I'm sure something could be arranged as far as the brackets...LOL I'm actually about to start a thread, looking to buy peoples used, thrashed, but still useable parts...so if you have anything lying around, in the way of stock diffs or tranny's, I'd be glad to wheel and deal...need drive train parts for my experimental rig, and don't wanna spend alot, in case it goes south...

as far as the tie-rod elimination brackets, I'm not sure what they would look like, but if they're just as simple as the LST brackets (plate with some holes) they should be easy enough...if you've got a pic of something like you want, send me a PM, and I'll see if it's do-able...

Not sure how you plan on making the LST brackets, but the kit from IRC is 5mm thick. Let me know how much they will end up costing if- you want to make extra because I don't have any driveline parts that I could trade right now.

As for the other brackets they are a bit more diffucult, made from a "L" piece of aluminum and it connects to the upper arm at the C-hub pivot point and to the steering upright arm to lock it, thus elminating the need for the rear tierods.

I grabbed a few more shots using the LST mounts turned upside down and with a body mounted.
6cc95e5c.jpg

725acd82.jpg

c601b359-1.jpg

c601b359.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back