CEN big bore shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jt

Does any body have any experience wih the CEN Genesis/Nemesis/GST shocks? I have seen some pics with them mounted on a Savage, but I would like to know if they can handle a Savage beating. Thanks for any help guys.

Thanks! I knew someone here had them, I just didnt remember who.:duh:

would there be a problem running 8 of them? just been trying to find a cheap solution for my alloy monster...it's going to be pretty heavy, and I think I'll need the extra suspension...

If memory serves me well...seams like I have seen them used in both 4 shock and 8 shock setup.

My savage ways 19 pounds and i still have the stock shocks. they just have really heavy oil and high lift springs and they do adequatley.

So far I like them, The stock oil seems to be a little light.
They are Large bore wich is nice, a thick shaft, metal standoff balljoint's, Nova shock tower's or other's of that type would be exallent with these shock's, My impression, good shock would be great for raceing, or bashing, nova or buggy style shock tower's would makem better,
Ive beat my truck up, took some hard hit's at Bamma savage's house, and have held up so far. I'm useing them on a Twisted toys tvp, and it handle's extremy good. but it does make it low profile, unless you had aftermarket tower's

I guess my question would be will they stand up to more than 1 day of hard bashing? That is why I tried the LST shocks, everybody said they are the stongest...Well I managed to bend all 4 of them during the course of 1 day :curse: I just have a hard time keeping shocks in 1 piece longer than a day or so.

what kind of bashing are you doing? I get pretty ruff and haven't bent 1. I did set my truck down in the garage for a while and 1 turned up bent, it looked like something got weadge between the shock and my cvd, slightly bent the cvd to. thinking the kids had somethen to do with that 1 though.
had some nasty wipeout's, pretty high air. It hit the embankment full speed cas the bord had slid down, hit it so hard the truck instanly shut off. same embankment but coming off the top landed front left tire into a death roll. never bent or broke . seem to be pretty tuff. guess it depends on your driving style. I have been running them about 4 or 5 months with np.
when I get a chance ill take a pic of 1 next to the savage shock.

I bash pretty hard I think the only time I haven't had my day stoped short because of something major breaking was the day I played in the snow. :eyecrazy: I also run 2 Twisted Toys chassis and one of them I currently run the FLM extended a-arms but not much longer:bang: as that has given problems in the first 10 minuts that I had them. My worst outing I ended up with 5 of 8 stock shocks either missing, bent, or snapped, 2 bent tierods, 2 broken bumper braces (1 from front and 1 from rear) broken header with a flat HPI polished pipe, 2 broken wheels, I had the battery relocation bracket on the front shock tower snap (that truly ended my day;)). That was all done in a matter of 30 mins or so.:shocked:

So far they have held up to some pertty hard hit's even took a root shot at 35 or 40 mph that bent my mip cvd, ripped a tire, busted the rim, but didnt bend a shock.
The stock savage shaft is 2.98 mm thick, the cen big bore 3.56 mm. CEN shock plastic casing with res. beefy rod end with metal stanoff.
As far as them holding up to you I don't no...lmao

here are a few pic's cen, stock,and hot body's wich suck. these pic's should have them about the acutale size they are.maybe a tad bit smaller but close.

boatrace06147nc8.jpg

savage spring and cen spring.
boatrace06148qo9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the picture, would you happen to know how much difference there is between the red and the white springs? How many to you run 4 or 8?I guess I will have to get some and let you know how they hold up to my bashing. lol Thanks

white springs are stiffer. I would say 8 for bashing 4 for raceing, the oil seemed a bit thin, i just added a little thicker oil into them, as they needed a little more oil. I would rather run a buggy type tower,I think they could be set up better then, but the lower stance isnt to bad. you will lose around 3/8 maybe a little more ride higth, with stock tower's. I guess it would not hurt to try them if you have tryed everything else lol. I'll givem hmm 50 mins. and youll be cussen me. lmao
one thing i did like is the lower cup that hold's the spring pushes down onto the rod end makeing the lower spring seat extremly stable. so no shifting of the spring on it's lower seat. some pic's of the shock end's 2

boatrace06149ik8.jpg

boatrace06150tw5.jpg

here is a pic of the wheel drop.
newpicsjune06075small2nx.jpg

ride higth.
newpicsjune06063small7gt.jpg

side veiw.
newpicsjune06072small1ax.jpg

Well I got some coming...So probably after the Holiday I will have some pics. ;)

I currently run the FLM extended a-arms but not much longer:bang: as that has given problems in the first 10 minuts that I had them.

you think the arms caused or contributed to all the damage? I've been thinking of getting some, but if they ravage shocks that badly, I may have to reconsider...

fat lst2 shocks any good?

anyone tried those fat lst2 or lst annihilator shocks? really fat and look very very awesome.. wonder how they woiuld go on a savvy ?

adam

Well Mondragon, if this set up doesnt work :curse: I am going to hunt you down.:boxers: :axed:

Not really :hardlaugh:

I do have 12 shocks coming so I will have 4 spares to play with also. thanks for the help bud :cheers:

you think the arms caused or contributed to all the damage? I've been thinking of getting some, but if they ravage shocks that badly, I may have to reconsider...

Sorry I didnt see your question before...If you were refering to all the damage I wrote about before in this thread, all that fun was before I even got the extended A-arms.
My experience with the extended A-ams doesn't fair much better though- after I first mounted the arms I was just running around the yard to get the truck warmed up a bit. I had hit a jump only getting 3-4 feet of air, the truck came down on the bumper and started a cartwheel; when it finished it ended up on the tires so I dove it back. It was pulling to the right and the front right wheel was not turning. Upon inspection I had a bent upper, lower arm, a chewed up dogbone, broken bulkhead and diff case, and 2 hinge pins bent. Now I am not bad mouthing the company they have great products, I think that I had some fluke parts though. The reason I am taking them off is I don't plan on using them with the LST shocks that I run. I do think they helped in bending the LST shocks, I may try them with the CEN shocks though. They should be able to give me the added height that I will lose with the CEN shocks. After snow is gone I will be running the truck slightly lower again. Sorry this got so long.

Aluminum a arms are the only thing ive been weary of trying. Feel safer with the stock or rpm. The cen shock's have a flanged pivet ball, might have cut the flang off to use with FL arm's. I had 2 when I switched to the newer X arm's.

Well Mondragon, if this set up doesnt work I am going to hunt you down.

lol just bring your truck's when ya do.. year round bashing here...65 to 70 today. whats it up the 25 :p

just bring your truck's when ya do.. year round bashing here...65 to 70 today. whats it up the 25 :p

Actually this week we have had warm weather in the 50s. Hit the 50s yesterday but it is starting to get cold again down to 40s and colder overnight.

If I ever get a time where I can get away with the family for summer break or something, when the kid is out of school I just might take you up on the bash though ;)

Anytime we have some of the best beaches in Florida.
here are a few pic's where you can see the beach and water, these where taken in the pass ( between the gulf and bay) you can see the barrior rock that protect it, a little futher i would have been on the beach.

beachbasher015hz0.jpg

beachbasher013us2.jpg

Well Mondragon, I got 4 of the 12 cen shocks today, I do like the way they look. I just had to play with the 4 I got so far, here are a few pics of them mounted on the front of my truck. I was able to find a way so that I don't lose ride height (using orginal savage parts too). Have a look
d5b04f22.jpg

1659a745.jpg

b622104a.jpg

The hole that is in the adjustable upper A-arms worked out real well for a shock mounting spot, no wheel rub or interference of any sort. ;)

Hey never thought of that 1 nice... how do the white spring's feel on it? did you have to put any spacer's useing that spot for mounting? do the shocks bottom out befor the truck. lol sry so many Q's. The white spring's look good on your truck. Hopefully they work good for you 2. What TVP's or on that truck. If there TT's the savage X roll bar work very nice with them, and if there stock length the roll bar 2. I might have to try mounting mine in the upper arm. Thanks for the great idea. if you run street alot the lower shock holes are great. huggs a corner.....

I have some more pics as I counldnt leave the shocks alone just on the front. I like how the shocks feel, I like the white springs I wish I had the red to compare them to, but from what I understand the red are softer. Unfortunally the shocks bottom first with this mount location, I used the spacers on the rear for these pics. I think the white really look good with this shell too.
These TVPs are just stock I just wanted to see how they looked on a truck, I am still working on the truck that I intend to use the shocks on (TT ;)). Here are the pics
e72609d8.jpg

91c85646.jpg

Here is another trick I found that will work for the 4 shock setp, turn them upside down to protect the reservoir from damage.
4ed226f5.jpg

Nice looking rig, they look good with that body. I think I'm going to try and get the wife to get me some nova tower's. Also watching your mid tank poject trying to get some idea's on how i want to set mine up. at least these shock's don't look so bulky like lst one's, hopefully they hold up better for you.

damn...now I'm gonna have to get some for my project...those really look nice...how do the springs compare to Savage springs, diameter-wise? they looked pretty close in the pics Mondragon posted earlier...

crap...that means my snazzy skull shock sox won't fit it...will have to buy plain ones...LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Back