"Castle Link" app for android phones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
Hey guys, while doin research on Tekin and Castle Creations ESCs and motors because I was lookin to be able to program the ESC via my smartphone. I had already pretty much had my mind made up to make the switch (when money was available) to Tekin cuz they already have a Hotwire bluetooth adapter and app for their ESCs for android phones until I happened to stumble upon an app in the play store for Castle ESC. I tried usin the app to connect to the stock Flux XS ESC (Vapor or Sidewinder V2) but it did not work the first couple tries. This last time I just tried I realized that the OTG adapter wasn't in all the way cuz of the case I have on my phone. I took the case off and retried to hook it up and it worked. I then proceeded to try it on my Mamba Max Pro and it worked on that too. The only thing you can't do via the app is update the firmware for the ESC, but all other programming options are there. It does have a disclaimer in the app description saying use at your own risk, so it's up to you. Here's a screen shot of the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-223910_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-223910_Google Play Store.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 9
Looks like a possible second hand solution while we wait for Castle to make their app available for Android.

Then using something like the D-Link adapter would making programming quick and easy.

Before I even started lookin into switching from castle to tekin because of the ability to program wirelessly I contacted Castle if there were any plans to make a bluetooth adapter. The answer they gave me was, they had one in the works, but didn't have a release date or if it was goin to work. Then, a couple months later and some emails back and forth with Randy @ Tekin, I got a promo email from Castle about the B-link adapter. But, I still have to wait for the android version to be released cuz I don't think the first original Ipad will work with it. But, with the release of the B-link and the app I found, I'll be sticking with Castle. Mainly due to cost as their ESCs are better priced for my budget.

Hey guys, while doin research on Tekin and Castle Creations ESCs and motors because I was lookin to be able to program the ESC via my smartphone. I had already pretty much had my mind made up to make the switch (when money was available) to Tekin cuz they already have a Hotwire bluetooth adapter and app for their ESCs for android phones until I happened to stumble upon an app in the play store for Castle ESC. I tried usin the app to connect to the stock Flux XS ESC (Vapor or Sidewinder V2) but it did not work the first couple tries. This last time I just tried I realized that the OTG adapter wasn't in all the way cuz of the case I have on my phone. I took the case off and retried to hook it up and it worked. I then proceeded to try it on my Mamba Max Pro and it worked on that too. The only thing you can't do via the app is update the firmware for the ESC, but all other programming options are there. It does have a disclaimer in the app description saying use at your own risk, so it's up to you. Here's a screen shot of the app.
I have a Castle B-link ,Momba x sensored and can't get anything to work on the app for android super bummed. Can anyone help me out

Latest posts

Members online

Back