cant start motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dravage

for some reason my engine wont turn over and ive replaced all the gears in the roto start system and still wont turn over anyone got an idea why? ive also replaced the OWB

Check the pin that should be in the end of the crank pin, it may have come out, if it has there will be no connection between the shaft that goes through the backplate and the crank. This may be the issue from what you are saying.

While your in there make sure you didnt instal the OWB backwards and clean the shaft that the OWB grabs. If its oily it will slip with the force of the rotostart.

You can check the OWB by turning it backwards with the rotostart shaft.

Actually turning it backwards won't engage the crank so its really not such a good idea now that I've thought it through. You'll have to open it up to check it.

No but you should hear it go click as it passes by the cutout in the crank.

But you could turn the engine forward and if it turns the rotostart its in backwards. If rotating backwards engages then its right. Does that make sense?
The rotostart disengages when engine is running in proper direction.

LOL, he's probably working on it now, we are just talking to ourselfs :)

Makes sense though.

it was that little pin that fell out and also the spring has to be replaced but for now i strectched it back out so it holds the pin thanks for the help

Latest posts

Members online

Back