Cant really wheelie anymore help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcos619

ok i got my saVAGE X 4.6 ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO MY SETTINGS ARE REALLY GOOD NOT LEAN AT ALL BEEN RUNNING GREAT I PUT A 3 SPEED ON IT UUUUUUUUUM DID GOOD WHEELIES BUT NOW OUT OF NO WHERE IT DOESNT WANT TO UM MY SPUR IS THE SAME, UUUUUUUUUMMMM CANT THINK OF ANYTHING ONLY THING IS THAT I CHANGED PLUG MAYBE DIRT GOT IN AND DID SOMETHING I CLEANED IT BEFORE I TOOK OFF...... ALSO PUT A LITTLE BIT OF GREASE WERE THE BEARRINGS GO FOR THE 3 SPEED GEARS BUT OTHER THAN THAT I don't KNOW ANY IDEAS GUYS??????

There is a couple things you might want check.

- Make sure the slipper pad on the spur gear is ok. Yes is should slip some. But the spur might have loosened just a bit to much. After you are done checking to make sure the pad is ok, tighten it down all the way and back it off 1/8th to 1/4th of a turn depending if you land on the throttle often.

- Make sure you clutch shoes are ok. They could be starting to wear out.

- I know you are saying it not lean, but I am wondering what your temp is of your motor. You could be a bit rich. Your temps might be ok, but you could also be lean on the top end and rich on the lower or vice versa. I would recommend checking how the tuning is on your low end. Pinch the fuel line one inch from the carb and make the the motor idles up then dies with in 3 - 5 seconds.

- What plug are you running?

Check the easiest thing first always, I can't tell you how many times I go tackle the hardest thing and it take me hours, but its something simple I could have fixed with minutes.

I am sure more people can add to this. LOL but at 3am this is all I can think of.

ok guys yes the spur is on good its tight um i do the pinch test and its about like 3 or 4 sec its fine um maybe i think its the clutch ohh and temp is 220 I'm fine like said everything is good thats why I'm asking what the hell is going on???????????
I'm leaning for the clutch yup

ALSO PUT A LITTLE BIT OF GREASE WERE THE BEARRINGS GO FOR THE 3 SPEED GEARS BUT OTHER THAN THAT I don't KNOW ANY IDEAS GUYS

Clean all that out to start

Read The Top Man I Did Put Grease Man Actually When I Did That It Started Happening I Dident Put A Lot Either Just Inside The Bearing That Moves The Gears Not To Much Though.

lol sorry I didn't quote it... I don't wright in caps so thought he'd see it was his

If your only at 220 you could lean it a hair. I would lean the low speed needle 1/8 to 1/4 turn and see if that brings them back.
No grease needed inside the trans. Its a dry transmission, all thats needed is a squirt of WD-40 after driving in wet conditions or before a long storage period to prevent rust.

ok thanks guys for everything i will look in to it >..

Ok guys i found out what the problem was i finally leaned it some more and it bogged more it only does it when i try to do a wheelie now i made it more rich and it wheelies fine my LSN is flush but funny thing is that if ur HSN is lean it should bogg out at high speed right or turn off ?? not on take off any ideas?????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
is it just slow when you punch at full throttle and then it will suddenly start going

is it just slow when you punch at full throttle and then it will suddenly start going

:blobfist:Yes i seen that video before, ok look at the video when they show the run when the (HSN) is lean . see it bog ! Like that, ok that happens to mine but its not quite like that. like i said, it happens for like a mill'a second only just when I'm trying to get it to do a wheelie thats why i don't really get it . Just like on the video except a really fast bogg and i do mean fast just for the whellie do u guys get me? i don't get it my self the car runs great after that i've learned alot so thats why i don't get it.

In the video they have a bad lean case. You may just not have as bad of case.

What I would do is put the needles at factory settings. I can't seem to find them online for the .25 motor. If you know them then thats what I would do. If you don't know them. I have a feeling you Low Speed is a touch lean. What I would do is pinch your fuel line one inch from the carb at idle. The motor should idle up then die in 3-5 seconds. If it just dies, it to lean and should be richened. Richen it out like 1/12 of a turn at a time until the motor idles up then dies within 3-5 seconds. If it runs longer then 3-5 and idles up and dies it's to rich. Lean it out 1/12 of a turn at a time until it idles up and dies within 3-5 seconds. I know you are supposed to do HSN first but since the High Speed seems fine, I would start with the Low Speed.

Also check to make sure you idle gap is about 1mm with the brake on.

If you have done all that and the problem is still there then its not the needles it is something else. We will decide what later if we have to.

Yes my LSN is flush i do know my setting there both flush (HSN )& (LSN). Also i know how to do the pinch test I'm about 5 sec I'm rich so its not that. I think it was just lean on my (HSN) I'm going to set it back factory setting and start new ill let u no what happens thx for ur help guys.

I'm thinking it might be clutch shoes just my hunch for some reason because i had kind of the same problem

Good to hear you are all set. What was wrong and how did ya fix it? Its good information for other memebrs if they ever have the same types of problems.

Good to hear you are all set. What was wrong and how did ya fix it? Its good information for other memebrs if they ever have the same types of problems.

Yeah i know well lets just say i don't touch my settings man i just richen it up on cold days a bit i was actually a little rich on my LSN it took about 5 sec to turn off on pinch test so what i did was i checked spur everything u guys told me to was fine. It was just a little bit lean for that type off day i still don't understand how it bogged though when lean on HSN it should bogg on a long run or even turn off, but I'm ok now hope u guys adjust ur settings and not leave them like i did tobobang avoid same problem u have to change ur settings by weather ect.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back