Can't decide...

Is the Axial .32 worth $50 more than the Axial .28?

• yes, definately!!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • nah!! save the $50 for fuel!!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • use this option to suggest a different mill (make sure you post the suggested engine though)

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

I know a few people on here have the Axial .28, and I've heard nothing but good things about them, but does anyone have the .32?? I can get the .28 for around $140, or the .32 for around $190...

so my question is: Is the .32 worth the extra $50?? on the dyno thread, I didn't see a huge difference in performance between the 2, but, while dyno's are nice for some things, they can't tell me how well they hold a tune, etc...so some personal experience would be good here...

I would get the surefire .32 for around the same price ... just because of there coumster service there top notch ask mega he has delt with them also

:nutshot: someone broke the rules, and voted for "other" without posting what the "other" should be!!!:nutshot:

sorry...you are, of course...correct...I skimmed and saw ".32" and skipped the rest...:nutshot:

Alright let me start off by saying that I've never owned an Axial. I have heard though that Axial engine's lose their compression around the 2nd gallon. That being said I have also heard they are easy to break-in, tune, and maintain. My opinion, I would get an STS .28 they run for about 120 (US). I haven't received my STS yet but I've heard they have great compression are reliable. What I'm trying to say is if it was my money I would buy the STS .28. Your going to hear allot of engines recommended to you but it's good to just do your research and buy an engine that you are confident in. Hope this helps.

EDIT- Also if your going for just raw power get a .32.

for the amount of people runnig the sts .28 at our club, i have to say I'm very unimpressed with them. i think every person has had problems with them soo far. they don't seem to hold a tune, pull start breaks very easy, pretty unreliable, bearing going, + a few other things. correct there cheap, but i think you get what you pay for sometimes and the sts seems to be a bad choice.

there may be other people out there who have them and have them running perfectly. I'm just giving my view on what i have seen of the enigne at races and weekly club meets

for the amount of people runnig the sts .28 at our club, i have to say I'm very unimpressed with them. i think every person has had problems with them soo far. they don't seem to hold a tune, pull start breaks very easy, pretty unreliable, bearing going, + a few other things. correct there cheap, but i think you get what you pay for sometimes and the sts seems to be a bad choice.

there may be other people out there who have them and have them running perfectly. I'm just giving my view on what i have seen of the enigne at races and weekly club meets

Okay I didn't know that, I just never heard a bad thing about them. When I get mine I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on how mine works for me.

Well i voted other. I got tired of fuel slurping big blocks. A high quality .21 5 port or .25 or .26 or something will get that truck rolling just fine and not use up so much costly fuel!

Get the Axial, you get what you pay for. Me and Phil have 3 soon to be 4 and they are amazing engines. I do not recommend the STS, and despite popular opinion, I don't think the surefire and axial are the same engine.

i got the SH.28 in my savage. I'm preety sure the Sh is for ****E!!!! its the worst engine iv ever had. it doesnt hold a tune, it was a nightmare to run in and even now that its leaned out and tuned etc it uses fuel very quickly!! I'm saving up for a new engine.

Well i voted other. I got tired of fuel slurping big blocks. A high quality .21 5 port or .25 or .26 or something will get that truck rolling just fine and not use up so much costly fuel!

this engine is destined to make my Savage go as fast as possible, so DAMN THE FUEL COSTS!!! :chainkiller:

Rebel? any truth to the "I have heard though that Axial engine's lose their compression around the 2nd gallon." statement mentioned by Fxstrongside? someone with an Axial give me some more firsthand info please...

Wow like last week on towerhobbies the axial .32 was 275 dollars so I just forgot about it and was considering the Sure fire .32. Now that I see the price drop and even lower on slap ma fro. I'm probably going axial .32.

I have heard that the axial and surefire were the same (many of times ) if we could get the pic of the insides of the axial 32 I can find a pic of the surefire.. ill be looking for both btw because iam instereted in knowing if I have been told wrong nurmus times

wat happend to the os ???

I have heard that the axial and surefire were the same (many of times ) if we could get the pic of the insides of the axial 32 I can find a pic of the surefire.. ill be looking for both btw because iam instereted in knowing if I have been told wrong nurmus times

All I am saying is that alot of people on the net draw conclusions without taking them apart where it counts. The Ax .28 and the K 4.6 look identical on the outside, but the dyno charts and sleeves tell a very different story. Axial does their own thing, the do their own porting and have a reputation for it.

ok...thanks to all who participated, but it's now a moot point, as the purchase has been made!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280078972261

just under $115 shipped, and insured...not bad...not bad at all...plus it's the grey head, and not the goofy green one...LOL too bad it's not purple...I might strip the ano, and make it red...a red race truck would be sweet, yes?

now...next decision...what pipe (keep it semi-cheapish) would bring out the beast in this mill??

ok...thanks to all who participated, but it's now a moot point, as the purchase has been made!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280078972261

just under $115 shipped, and insured...not bad...not bad at all...plus it's the grey head, and not the goofy green one...LOL too bad it's not purple...I might strip the ano, and make it red...a red race truck would be sweet, yes?

now...next decision...what pipe (keep it semi-cheapish) would bring out the beast in this mill??

You have chosen wisely. You are gonna love that mill.

As for the pipe, of the 3 different pipes we have run with it, the THS one peice is by far the best for the axial. It has killer midrange, and sounds really cool.

Thanks Reb! I'll check it out...

I'm going to be running an RB pipe on mine, not cheap to buy, but it came with some other things i got so i might aswell stick it on. not sure how well it will work. thinks its designed for .21 engines

i believe that was the answer to the os question?

No, mondragon didnt write that. He still has his OS. OS motors are great, like I have said many times, you get what you pay for. True, you could get 2 STS's for the price of an OS .30, but the OS will likely last twice as long, and will put out more power.

Latest posts

Members online

Back