Can't close the receiver cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottj

I think I am the newest member of this forum and I just received my Savage 21 SS from Ebay. I also installed the reverse module this past weekend and I can't for the life of me close the cover that holds the servos. How do you close it with all the wires? I can't seem to get it all to fit. I tried zip tying the wires and it still seems to be too much stuff to be able to close the cover. Is there an upgrade to this part to be able to protect these items?

Thanks for your feedback.
Scott

Welcome to the forum! It is a tight squezze in there, but I run most of the wires under the antenna access hole and scrunch them in the frint. For the wires that need to go to the battery, run them down the right side of the box and stuff in the batt compt. you cannot have any wires on the top, and the wires for the servo leads need to be pushed down as much as you can without damaging them. Hope this helps and good luck!

I concur, I also upgraded my radio box, was a right swine putting it all back in!!! I know that I'm gonna have to open up again when I get the battery led indicator :( ... and then again when I eventually get a new radio set for it.

Welcome To The Hpisf Family!!!!

Welcome aboard, were glad to have ya. Like these guys have said it;s tight in there, not a lot of room. If every things arranged correctly it will fit but one thing out of place and it's a no go. Just trial and error.

Before I replaced my radio box with the new X version, I had a heck of a time too.
But if you remove the middle reciever plate and used servo tape to stick the reciever directly to the inside of the lid, it frees up A LOT of room. But it does reqite a new antenna mount I believe.

Latest posts

Members online

Back