can u explain this sound?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkgriffy

Well got my truck back together from a few upgrades and started driving it and here a jing a ling sound lol...sounds like loose metal per say...if u know what it is let me know...also just installed bp diff in the back and the rear hubs...and are the back dog bones supposed to be that tight???thanks guys..

Well photobucket wont work so here this is

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...ms/dd394/rkgriffy/2011-04-10_20-00-55_650.mp4

Think that's right I def don't have the o rings in there..u think that's what makes the sound and the movement both?and the back dog bones are tight as what and they don't have the o rings either

i cant really hear it on taht vid, but you said you just put in bullet proof diffs?
how are your bearings? they will make noise if one becomes destroyed.

as for the dogbones: double check your manual, but I'm pretty sure only the diff outdrive cups get an o-ring to keep the bones snug and in place when you turn hard & for rear castor adj.

the rear bone on my flux ext slides like that also and its fine. you don't really want those bones too tight..

but yeah, check your bearings.

:iamfrddyj:

Ya fred them bearings have like 3 runs on them and look fine but I'm upgrading to bocca ones here soon anyway..can't wait for those..but that's the problem the rear bones are way to tight I think..I can't slide them at all and don't think that's really a good thing..can't imagine if o rings went in also..prolly gonna have to tear her down and see if I can find anything..ill post here when I do.thanks though guys..you all ROCK

Latest posts

Members online

Back