Calling all londoners!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol as i am a nice guy i would just run 4s, but because my truck is badass only 6s gets to run my motor :bigsmilie:dance kitty

Actually I'm trying to find some 5s which i could use... i have 2x3700mah 3s lipos + 2x 6500mah 3s lipos... If i can 1 5000mah 5s LiPo as well, it should be good enough for a day of bashing... I doubt the truck will last that amount of time before breaking something :axed:

I cant do that weekend,I'm working the Sat & the Sun :stressed:.I only get 3 Saturdays off a year:stressed:,but they have to be booked at least a month in advance.Its a PITA,but thats the way it is :(.

The bash itself is going to be really hard to organise.The MOD are happy to turn a blind eye to a few people,but if there is a lot of people we are likely to get told to leave-unless we have a permit,which has to be paid for.They are also quite funny about digging holes.If somebody got blown up,they would be liable.

So that leads to finding a farmer willing to lend us a field,lol.Ive asked 2 so far & they have both said the same thing.......no,lol.Not that they were entirely opposed to it,but are going to be using the land during the summer.I suggested maybe the winter,when the field is on some downtime,one said maybe,so we will have to see what happens.

It might even have to be a case of everybody bringing a jump,lots of people makes lots of jumps,without destroying the land or digging any holes :).

Hope you guys get to bash.Might be worth looking at Brooklands.Its concrete but its huge.Londoner-u still go on the MB ?,they still have a thread about it over there.

Well its all gd Promc... we should all meet next time...

Regarding the meet on the 22nd it still going on! Quite a few people know, and there are others in the surrey region that know if nice open places!!!! Will keep you updated and if you have any input to where we can run around the london area... then i am open to it.... I heard about great places up in watford.... We will see what happens. But as for now.... ITS STILL A GO!

bump for this thread... Got people on SC in the surrey area too...

Anyone know of any places???

I have found an RC track where people race but i don't think thats appropriate... ????

IDEAS FROM LONDON PEOPLE!!! COME ON GUYS! i may know of a place in watford??? but thats far for people right?

Watford would be cool for me, I know it fairly well, me dad lives there. Where abouts?

not entirely sure where yet in watford... will get back to you...

But still... who ever wants to make any recommendations, please do!

Ok.. .been speaking to a few people on other sites regarding this meet...
Found a great track in East london at fairlop waters... heres the site.. You should check it out! http://www.fairlopcarclub.co.uk/page5.html

Regarding the bash session though... a few people have recommended Wanstead flats which is apart of epping forest... suppoedly large area with bumps and stuff... Could be a good idea....????

WHOS ON IT?

Ive got 4 members from SC ready to go... the general consensus is looking like wanstead flats is the way to go. We wont get any probs with a few nitro heads blitzing it around...

harlow, essex here. not really ad a good chance to find any good bash spots yet. il keep ya posted if i ever find any tho. lol

you going to come down on the 22nd savageboi!!!

yeh i shud b able to, iv been waiting for a big meet. all depends on work situation!! who many ppl av yougot going to this?

we really need an edit function (hint hint bank)

Got around 3 people from this forum so far.. and another 5 people on another forum, and they said they have a few friends they will bring so looking around 10... Which should be a good amount of people...
Savage boi! DEF COME DOWN!!!
looking like its going to be in wanstead ponds and we have some guys bringing some ramps too for some air time :)

wanstead station on the central looks like... I'm sure we can arrange something, and i can pick you up from there or something...

OK mate, cheers that would be cool. :resp:

Looks a fairly straight forward tube journey too, northern line from Clapham to Bank station then central line to Wanstead.

Should be fun lugging all the gear on the tube lol

woah your all the way south.. .I'm in golders green on the northen line

just crashed HARD!! think iv broken something it rolls for abit then all four wheels jam. Iv taken out both diffs and it still locks? any ideas wot it cud be??

I'm not entirely sure... but could be a gear in the tranny??? I'm not too sure unless i look at it... how did you crash??? might help diagnose the problem...

woah your all the way south.. .I'm in golders green on the northen line

Yep, nearly at the end of the northern line, I'm actually in Battersea/Wandsworth but just a quick bus journey a few stops to Clapham common tube.

just crashed HARD!! think iv broken something it rolls for abit then all four wheels jam. Iv taken out both diffs and it still locks? any ideas wot it cud be??

ALL four wheels lock with BOTH diffs removed??? Sounds odd.

i crashed head first into the floor from about 6ft lol!! i tried to back flip but didnt have enough on it. the gears look ok. might be the bevel gear??

check your ring and pinion gears... something must have given way... When i busted mine, it was crunching really badly... has to be an obvious problem... Are you running BP diffs?

If both diff's are removed then the wheels aren't connected to the drivetrain at all, I don't see how they would lock? Also if you have removed the diff's you should be able to see instantly if the ring or bevel gear has gone, you'd have pieces of broken teeth in the bulkhead.

No not Yet they will be my next buy. I'm kinda a noob at all this only had me truck 3 maybe for months. Il take it all apart tomo n hav a look. il keep ya posted. thanx guys.

If you mean it's locking when you put the diffs back in and the diff gears look good, then whip the top of the gearbox (assuming you have an easy access box) and check for anything broken/stripped in there, check bearings too.

I removed the front diff and it locked. I replaced it and did the same with the Rear. I didnt see any damage to the bevel gear and no loose bits anywhere.

Sounds like a bevel gear is gone in the front diff it was a hard crash... As londoner said, just pop off the tranny and have a little look aswell... Also you should be able to see if your pinion and spur and all good (motor could have moved and shredded something)
Better get that truck up and running ready for the meet boi!

if you remove both diffs and then roll it, does it lock up?
If not you could have done damage to the internals of the diff. Which may be a good thing as they are cheaper to replace than the diffs ring and pinion anyway.

I'm guna rip it apart to nite n c if i can find the fault. i want it running asap. missing out on some good bashing time. il av it going by the meet no probs!! thanx again guys.

Hey, jus thought id let you know that I fixed it. I had chipped a few teeth on the large bevel gear. Iv cleared all the shrapnel and its running ok. Hoping it will hold up till I get BP diffs. Thanx again for ur help.

Latest posts

Members online

Back