burnt orange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer0219

I'm trying to find a burnt orange, closest thing I have found is a pearl copper which is fairly light and doesn't look like burnt orange.

Has any one tried mixing paint with any success to aquiring a burnt orange color?

I'm thinking of doing the pearl copper mixed with some orange and see how that might work.

The paint I found was at a michales craft store it's called pearl copper> I did a test sample on some spare lexan, it looks pretty good, also tried with a drop of orange mixed in, that definatly helped giving it a deeper orange color, guess I'm just gonna have to mix it myself.

The paint I found was at a michales craft store it's called pearl copper> I did a test sample on some spare lexan, it looks pretty good, also tried with a drop of orange mixed in, that definatly helped giving it a deeper orange color, guess I'm just gonna have to mix it myself.

keep us posted on what you find out, post some pics too....

vnghp3.jpg

next pic is with the orange mixed in

j91rhz.jpg

thats about six drops of pearl copper and one drop of orange

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers to beers! Ya I should have something put together today for as far as the color goes, I will post pics once the body is done.

guess youll have to experiment using Paintbottles (mixing) to get the color you desire?

looks for a white pearlescent,
the burnt orange you did find,
and some black to tint??

good luck

I just painted a Buggy body after looking for the same thing a while back.

Here is the paint I used http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/27809. You will need at least 2 of these to cover a body. I used one on my buggy body and only half is covered. This requires a Air bush. There is a Spray paint but Amain isn't caring it currently the part number is tam86014.

I will try to post pictures of my buggy body as soon as I can get a few shots of it.

Here are a few that I talked about earlier from the Paint I linked.
burntorange001.jpg

burntorange002.jpg

burntorange003.jpg

I did a bad job on the silver pin striping, Sorry. I just finished this last Thursday. It has a lot of metallic flake in it but doesn't show in the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you tried the Pearl Copper with 2 drops of orange and 1 drop of brown?

Latest posts

Members online

Back