broken shock shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmp

Ok why do I keep breaking shock shafts. I only run four of the factory shocks. I am running on an indoor clay track. I've checked for binding or anything bent on my suspension but everything is perfect. the stock shaft is only 3mm this seems really thin for how heavy these trucks are. the bigbore's are not much thicker so i would imagine i would have the same problem. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. first big race commin up feb 21st 2009 Presdential Trophy Race. don't want to not place cause of a broke shock

The big bores are much stronger. When I ran the stockers, I would just buy 8 at a time on ebay and replace them as needed.

yeah i was also thinkin about oil wt. if its too heavy compared to your piston and spring setup then it might add extra stress to your shaft.

or sometimes if your not using the silicone shock fluid it goes thick when cold which would blow a shock as well, the stock fluid they use is a oil so it gets thick in the cold and runny in the heat so its advisable to use silicone which never changes its consistency whether its cold or hot.... and weight could be your problem as well as was already stated.....

what wt and springs are u using?
your running 4 stock shocks on a race track, there going to bend shocks no matter what its a 12lb truck.
big bores are much better quality and materials.

what wt and springs are u using?
your running 4 stock shocks on a race track, there going to bend shocks no matter what its a 12lb truck.
big bores are much better quality and materials.

BA I was thinking that but they are only .5mm larger on the shaft. I would assume hpi is using the same material for the shaft on the big bore as the stockers. I might have to put in a call on monday and see what i can find out

another thing that helps the big bores, is there big bore. the piston has more fluid in the shock and the piston itself is bigger giveing more surface area and being able to absorb bigger jumps.

another thing that helps the big bores, is there big bore. the piston has more fluid in the shock and the piston itself is bigger giveing more surface area and being able to absorb bigger jumps.
ahh that makes sence didn't think about that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back