Broken in engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finx

After almost a gallon of fuel through my lrp .28 I finally opened it up. It is so much faster than my old 5.9.

I was so excited. I didnt really expect much out of it. Thinking it wouldnt be much faster than my 5.9. I was very wrong. This thing SCREAMS

thanks everyone for helping a noob in r/c. Love this forum.

After opening up a few times with a huge smile on my face this guy who works at my LHS SMOKED me in his flux with 4s LiPos. The Power difference was insane. That's only on 4s too! Now I want a flux.

I got the lrp .28 with ofna 86 pipe. I don't think their is anything else I can do to make it faster.

He busted his savage out in the parking lot when I was shopping and it looked fast. It wasn't until we were side by side when I realized how fast it really was. I guess nitro is maxxed out. Only so fast you can make a 2 stroke engine. Electric is only going to get faster as new batteries and motors come out when technology advances.

amazing how much technology is in these things.

I'm kinda shying away from Carbon fiber. not sure how long it would hold up in the long run.

For soem reason my lrp wont hit 3rd. It'll only hit 2nd. I'll do more tweaking next time I bust it out.

I'm runing 16/48 on my mil now. Going to check the forums to see what other combos are faster.

one sad thing is that ill never have reverse :(

Carbon fiber from Jason is stronger then the FLM tvps.
and for the life span, just check around on the forum. I know bankrupter build his PRC savage back in 2009, beat the snot out of it. From what i know it's still kickin

You have a 3 speed trans right ?
and reverse is for lazy people :)

wow. my xl is so much heavier than factory. wonder if shaving a pound or two would make a world of difference? My xl is easily 2-4 lbs heavier than factory

yeah imma stop putting money into my xl. Already dumped $700 in parts not including the car. Imma pick up a flux this friday and will go carbon fiber on that bad boy.

As far as the gearing on the XL, I was thinking going 19/46. thatll give it killer top end.

Latest posts

Members online

Back