Breaking Her Down Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't hit your thread in a while, & i see lots of sweet parts showing up :resp:

nice sealing job; did you find it easy to do?

also, I'm lookin forward to see how them bulk plates line up to the tvps before i get an order.

lookin killer kev. awesome truck.

haven't hit your thread in a while, & i see lots of sweet parts showing up :resp:

nice sealing job; did you find it easy to do?

also, I'm lookin forward to see how them bulk plates line up to the tvps before i get an order.

lookin killer kev. awesome truck.

Thanks Fred.

The sealing was easy. Just took a steady hand and alot of time. Still have a few parts to seal.

I'm interested as well. Larson said he had no issues with them but they were a bit of a pain getting them to line up on the skid plate.

Also the braces had to be modded as well. There are two pins on the bottom that had to be sanded away to get them to work.

I notice that with all all his parts, even though they are of high quality, still require some fudging to fit properly.

This build I want to do right so I'm talking my time with it.

I have all winter anyway to build so I'm not worried. As long as I'm up and running for the spring.

Now I may have to rethink some of my build.

Getting some d8 shocks. Now I need some LCG shock towers and a few other pieces.

The build will be delayed a bit now. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

Well, I think it's time to complete this build finally.

I have ordered a bunch of parts and as they start coming in I will take pics and post them.

Hopefully I will be done by the end of the month cause we are having a bash session next month with some of my Canadian Brothers.

Truck is looking good!!! some nice parts...

I really wanted to run the 23mm hexes but they don't do an SHD axle yet do they? The only ones are the flux and XL axles, but they cant utilise the 23mm hex...

Oh well my SPIs are 17mm so ill stop complaining

Truck is looking good!!! some nice parts...

I really wanted to run the 23mm hexes but they don't do an SHD axle yet do they? The only ones are the flux and XL axles, but they cant utilise the 23mm hex...

Oh well my SPIs are 17mm so ill stop complaining

Actually, Those are mounted on the Flux Axles.

Really??? How is that???

If you look at the 23mm hexes you see there is a hole through them.

23mmHex.jpg

So basically you start mounting them like you would the 17mm hexes with the pin and all. then to keep them on you use the a nut that you would use for 14mm hexes. HPI86066.

RSCwith23mmhexesest.jpg

uh huh! great! Ill get some proline 23mm hexs... these are not compatible with baja wheels and tires though are they as they are 24mm???

Another Quick Update.

Some of my parts have come in.....

First off is a Motor Saver Outer Filter.

Outerfilter.jpg

Next is a Proline Downforce wing.

Wing.jpg

Then we have the header pipe that Purenitro ( Robin ) recommended to me for the EMRC pipe that I have on order.

Pipe.jpg

Last we have the PRC LCG shock towers and wing stay. Thanks Jason.

LCGtowers.jpg

Waiting on a few more items so I can finally finish this build and be up and running very soon.

Glad to hear great things about that header pipe.

I'm really trying to get it done. Still need a TX/RX and waiting for Robin to get better so he can complete my Pipe.

A couple of other things showed up.

Going back o the original savage arms:

OriginalSavageArms.jpg

GH Servo Saver:

GHServoSaver.jpg

And the HPI sway bar kit:

HPISwayBarKit.jpg

great build man, looks great, but quick question, why go back to the orignal a-arms instead of the RPM ones??

I put my truck on the scale this past Saturday at the LHS and it was 10lbs 13oz without the electronics. Not sure what a savage weighs out the box but it would be nice to see.

have you tried that GH Servo Saver yet and how did it do?

Latest posts

Members online

Back