Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've duel metal disc breaks on my x ss and for the first 2 minutes of use there great, but once they heat up there useless. I'm currently upgrading to hong nor x1crt breaks as they don't fade and have excellent stopping power.

as for the 3 speed i wouldn't bother, its just another thing to go wrong. It won't increase your top speed much, maybe 3-4mph. and it may make wheelys easier but it won't do it for aslong due to the gear being shorter. IMO you should stick to the stock 2 speed and spend the money on more usefull things like better electronics or tyres.

i spoke to hpi regarding brakes on my savvy x (poor effort on servo) they told me to put a dog leg in the linkage that goes down to the gearbox other than that they have no issues with the brakes on the x anyway:motorcycle:

i've duel metal disc breaks on my x ss and for the first 2 minutes of use there great, but once they heat up there useless. I'm currently upgrading to hong nor x1crt breaks as they don't fade and have excellent stopping power.

as for the 3 speed i wouldn't bother, its just another thing to go wrong. It won't increase your top speed much, maybe 3-4mph. and it may make wheelys easier but it won't do it for aslong due to the gear being shorter. IMO you should stick to the stock 2 speed and spend the money on more usefull things like better electronics or tyres.

That funny because everyone who has one on here says there like the best mod I aggree I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM with mine whatsoever , Have u seen my video CURT , on the long wheelie i made Thats the 3 speed there ......wont do them long thats funny ha ha ha
GET THE 3 speed best mod u can buy (plus it sounds better ) who aggress with me {tires} ha ha

hi i run my savvy tonight i think one of the brake pads jammed against the disk and it has worn away a fair bit of one side of the disk what i rhe lofe expectency on the disks
cheers chris
:nutshot:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back