Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

Will dual disk brakes rally make my truck stop faster? And is the 3 speed worth getting (will it let me do on command wheelies)? hope to hear some answers.

Ok The brakes from HPI worked REALLY GOOD for me they mede it do stoppies and if I was going wide open it would do endo;s on me.lol.BUT the disk i quess got overheated and well got deformed and also it rubbed my Clutchbell. The 2 speed IDK...I am going from a STOCK 25 to one withan STS 28 and a 3 speed.we'll see the difference soon.

I never had any luck with the dule disk brakes (it stripped my tranny case out) the 3 speed is one of the best things you can get for the savage. What engine r u running now? and what clutch bell and spur gear r u running the 3 speed will help get thoes wheels in the air u can find them for like 60 dollars on e bay assembled ... just drop it in and your shifften...

no luck with daul brakes here either,if u do get them to work you have to replace the pads alot and its not a two second job to get to the brakes unless maybe u have savage X ! :duel:

Yeah really you have to remove the whole trany and that pretty much consist of taking 1 TVP off....at least I do.

Ya i have the savage x, it seems that people artn't having much luck with the dual disk brakes? I just wanna stop faster that's all.

no, you just take the screws that gointo the tvp and i think that it would proubly slip right out. I am now strongly considering the 3 speed transmision. I want wheeles and aceleration.

if i was u i would deffinately be getting the 3 speed!!! mine cost me 59 GBP which is about 40USD (i think, not totally sure on exchange rate!!)

hi
i have jujst got a new savage x found out tranny was faulty i have just got another but i notice the servo does not move back a long way because it is pushing on the throttle linkage but the throttle is shut so wont move anymore also the brake rod touches the roll over bar on the tvp anyone else come across this
:shtgn:
also i have had to adjust the brake linkage right up to get any brakes at all

the linkage should be loose until the servo comes back full the brake linkage is tied to the servo directly it should have a good swing to it. are your batteries strong enough to get the servo the juice it needs for it to get it's full range of movement? put everything back the way it was and check everything methodically. there is like a paper thickness between my linkage and the roll bar. go thew the manual and double check there adjustments. it could have been Friday and the person who built yours did a rush job. also try this, pull the servo horn adjust it towards the back more than put it back on the servo. then the ball cup that attaches to your carb screw that out to re seat the carb stop to closed. make sure the radios throttle position is set to neutralif you use a hump pack you will get a little more out of the servo also.

Last edited by a moderator:
i appreciate any ideas at all its gotta be worth a try when i take the servo horn off there is good movement both ways looks like a poor design to me

don't go there. why do you think most of us go to the ofna mod. it gets rid of all the slop in the linkage movement.

I would get a better steering servo and move the current steering servo to the throttle position and use the ofna throttle mod.

wife is going to love me i already bought new tranny set and never even run the truck yet it still in box !!!!
why move steering servo is it different to throttle servo ????

steering servo is a high torqu servo. but to get the best performance from any servo you need a hump pack. point blank. 30 dollars USA

I was just using that for an example--
Here is one UK that I found, don't know how good it is though,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tornado-H-Pow...QQihZ019QQcategoryZ140974QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back