Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke1983

When i push the trigger forward on my tx the servo and everything that is attached to it moves except i can't see any part of the brake pads or disc move. Is this normal? I doubt it is as my savage doesn't really brake it just rolls to a stop at the same rate whether the brakes are on or not! Also, if i manually move the servo arm i can see a tiny bit of compression of the rear pad to the disc.

I hope that makes sense...

Anybody know a way around this without replacing servo's and parts. I think some part of the system might be a little tight but i dunno where to start!

Are you running a throttle mod or still the factory setup, any pictures available, this would help greatly

Its still factory set up mate. I'd like to get it sorted out with the factory settings before i start modding it!

The savvy's still in one piece at the minute so pics wouldn't really show you much...

If you can move it by hand and see the "brake piston" push out onto the plates, then more then likely the screws that hold the plates on may be too loose.. i would make sure that the piston is moving before anything else

I've got the rear bulk head off and had a play and i reckon the screws may have been to tight! Is that possible? When i loosen them off the disc spins around when the wheels are turning. I'm guessing this is correct?? If i tighten them the disc doesn't spin at all so could it be that the brake pads were too tight?

The screw has a smooth shank and then the threads.... he is saying tighten them all the way down untill the smooth shank is flush

The screw has a smooth shank and then the threads.... he is saying tighten them all the way down untill the smooth shank is flush

Excellent cheers mate, thought it was that honest!

If i do that then the disc won't spin at all, even with the brakes off and the throttle open.

I guess I ought to adjust it so that the disc spins until the brakes are applied.

Can anybody tell me if this is correct before i start putting it all back together please.

All much appreciated!

the brake disc have to spin when you don't have the brakes applied and when you apply them they shouldnt spin.

Cool, i've sorted my brake problem then! They were too tight! Cheers mate.

Cheers for evrybody elses advice too! I love this forum!

Sounds like you got figured out! I just did my brakes too, When those screws are loose people tighten up the thumb screw on the linkage to compensate. So when you tighten the brake screws back up you need to back off the brake tension too.

Yeah i played witht thumb screw on the linkage too and it seems to have worked between the two adjustments. I'll run it tommorrow and see if it works when the engine is running. fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back