brakes touching CB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
email him at nova. i did a few days ago and he still had three in stock. cheaper shipping from him to then the site. worth a shot.

Yeah, and if that doesn't give you enough clearance between the CB and the brake pads then you could try an 18 tooth CB with the new 49 tooth spur gear and you would be right back at 'near stock' gear ratios.

well i bought a 49t spur gear now i have another problem theres to much space between the gear and the little washer that goes on there for and spring and nut that tightens the spur gear on the tranny. hope you can see in the pic what i am talking about. am i missing somthing there? do i have to have spacers?

2010-02-16131426.jpg

man why can i just buy something and have it fit and work the first time, this sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what to say about that... My HPI spur has a knob that sticks out and fills that space you have there. I haven't tried any aftermarket gears so I'm not sure what other prople have been doing with theirs. I could be wrong but that looks like the side that is supposed to have the slipper pad on it. Do you have it on backwards, or do both sides of the gear look the same? I also can't see the slipper assembly behind the spur in that pic, is it there?

yeah it theres its an hpi, i called hpi about it and it seems i bought the wrong spur gear its for the savage x 25 apperantly go figure so i have to take it back and get a new one. it said savage x on it so i figured it would work for my savage x WRONG, they need to label there packages a little better.

That sucks. You'll get it going though. I always like to get parts numbers when I go to the LHS. Even then, it is always something when I go there. They ordered the wrong one, it's on back order, it came in but they can't find it, they FORGOT to order it completely, the list goes on and on.

well i finally got the right spur gear and success, no more touching the brakes,:rock1:. went out and started to break in the engine, got it all broke in, started to tune it brakes went loose turned the wheels and slid sideways into a curb and this happened broke my upper arm, man its always something

2010-02-18142826.jpg

2010-02-18142814.jpg

well got it all fixed and that had to be the easiest fix iv done so far, lol.

just want to thank everybody for there help and I'm sure i will have more questions soon enough.

Members online

Back