Bought a used Flux. Having major issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayOhh

As the heading says I just bought a used Flux ( I think it's a 2014 ).

I'm having big issues with the ESC or reciever.

The problem is that the truck suddenly decides to go off by itself. If I give it just a little bit throttle, I can release the throttle, but the truck keeps moving. If I get the truck to stop without using the brakes ( rolling stop ) it can suddenly start driving again by itself.

The same goes for reverse. except then it keeps going in reverse. I can't trust this car. Not taking the risk of a 1/8 brushless monster going full throttle while I'm not paying attention. So I guess I won't be using this truck untill I figure this out.

I already tried calibrating the ESC several times without any improvement. I also went through the manual setup of the ESC and set everything back to default.

Tried this without the body on, and I can see the ESC blinking orange when it suddenly decides to go off by itself, so either it's getting a signal from the reciever or its giving itself a false signal.

Any tips on whats wrong? Just hope I don't have to pay up for a new ESC :(

sounds as if you are having receiver/transmitter issues, have you checked your connections to servos and esc at the receiver? look for frayed connections or loose connections somewhere in your system, which radio system is in the truck now? ideally you want a 2.4 system...
if all your connections are ok, block the wheels off the ground or remove them when you are out so it cannot run away on its own and walk a distance away to see if the range is ok....

It's the HPI RF-40 2.4gHz.

I took a look at the reciever and everything looked fine. Also unplugged all three plugs and put them back in. Didn't help.

I do have a Traxxas aswell with an Airtronics MX-V. A can take this out and try it in the Savage if this is likely to be the problem, but I'd rather not hehe. So you think the ESC is fine?

which esc does it have in it now and do you have the manual for it?

I'm going out on a limb here but is this the model you have?
http://hpiracing.world/instructions/104242

the esc setting say it is green at full throttle, yellow at neutral and red for full brake, if these are not what you are seeing you probably have to recalibrate the esc unit as per directions on page 13 of the manual I linked

Yes that looks like the model I have. No stickers on the ESC, so not really sure which one it is.

Switched the throttle/steering connections on the reciever. Then throttle seems ok and steering twitches a little, so I guess it's the receiver or transmitter. Guess I'll be cashing out $50 more for a Sanwa/Airtronics receiver... :(

Bought my first RC in twenty years a couple of weeks ago ( also used ). It's a Traxxas. The transmitter on that one died when I updated it with the Traxxas link ( known issue ), but no warranty since I bought it used. Am I having bad luck here, or are the stock RTR radiosystems useless? Two out of two broken!! At least I already bought the RX-V for the Traxxas, so now I only need another receiver for it for the Savage.

Bought my first RC in twenty years a couple of weeks ago ( also used ). It's a Traxxas. The transmitter on that one died when I updated it with the Traxxas link ( known issue ), but no warranty since I bought it used. Am I having bad luck here, or are the stock RTR radiosystems useless? Two out of two broken!! At least I already bought the RX-V for the Traxxas, so now I only need another receiver for it for the Savage.

Not too sure on the flux stock electronics, but before I got a new system I would try calibrating the system first, there is also mention of a failsafe in the flux so maybe it is something with that, if all else fails you could take it to a hobby shop and see if they can help you instead of just throwing the wallet at the rig.....
The manual I linked has info on the failsafe and how to check it out for operation...

I think I tried everything. My Guess is that the throttle-channel on the RX was toast. Anyways, I got a New Sanwa/Airtronics and now everything is working :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back