Blowing Dust Off Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessdublin

Hi people, used to race my savage 15 years ago (blimey) & moved with us sat in garage thinking one day if I ever have children it would come out to play again. Recently got interest in remote control things again & brought a drone taking on our hols with us taking great photos etc. Now our son is of an age to take responsibility of a remote control truck my fingers are itching to start the savage up again. From memory still have the stock hpi .21 nitro engine with rota start & 2/3 piece shoe clutch fitted to it ( I think) using the spectrum controller.
From memory the engine ran okay but what would be agood replacement engine in today’s market that would fit straight onto block?
How are the spares for the savage doing these days?
Many Thanks In Advance!

Hi people, used to race my savage 15 years ago (blimey) & moved with us sat in garage thinking one day if I ever have children it would come out to play again. Recently got interest in remote control things again & brought a drone taking on our hols with us taking great photos etc. Now our son is of an age to take responsibility of a remote control truck my fingers are itching to start the savage up again. From memory still have the stock hpi .21 nitro engine with rota start & 2/3 piece shoe clutch fitted to it ( I think) using the spectrum controller.
From memory the engine ran okay but what would be agood replacement engine in today’s market that would fit straight onto block?
How are the spares for the savage doing these days?
Many Thanks In Advance!
Parts are readily available from all over the place, I'm not sure about a replacement motor, but I'd say about anything of the same size will bolt right up.

rc4me.us is a great place for parts in the US. Other popular sites are now starting to get parts from HPI after their bankruptcy and all the troubles they had (see this thread that follows the situation).

With the old savage you'll have trouble finding some parts due to them being so old, for example the shock tower mount, diff bulkheads etc. You should be fine for the most part though.

As for motors, I was (and still am) an LRP fanboy, had 3 of these motors before converting to electric and loved every one of them!
Their newest motor is the Zr.32 Spec.4 motor, with a pullstart. You can buy one without the pullstart though if you want.

Also, If you haven't moved over to a hump pack battery and a 2.4GHz system I would highly suggest you do! You can run high voltage servos that are both stronger and faster, beneficial for the steering and throttle servos!

Finally, Welcome to the forums!! Here's a photo of the motor I mentioned above ?
1575603347950.png

Latest posts

Members online

Back