Black Tremor Wheels/Goliath tires with my new lid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. I have a Savage x 4.6 stock and i was wandering if i could upgrade to Goliath tyres or are they just for the XL. I'm useing the car mostrly off-road in dirt and high grass and i think that this bigger tyres would help me ...mostly with that tall grass.
If it's a good ideea to upgrade should i chang my stock gearing.

Hi. I have a Savage x 4.6 stock and i was wandering if i could upgrade to Goliath tyres or are they just for the XL. I'm useing the car mostrly off-road in dirt and high grass and i think that this bigger tyres would help me ...mostly with that tall grass.
If it's a good ideea to upgrade should i chang my stock gearing.

I would not recommend it. The reason is because the tires are so big and the savage is to short for them. You will snap axles left and right constantly. And plus i don't know what motor your running but it puts a starin on the motor. to

I have the XL and I upgraded to the bulletproof diffs and haven't broken anything yet due to the wheels/tires. However they do put a strain on the whole truck due to the weight. You get a little more performance out of a lighter set of wheels and tires. These don't have the best forward traction on loose or wet surfaces eithe,r but they do keep the truck planted very well when cornering hard. Much better than the stock terrapins I have. So they have plusses and minuses. I like these ones, but I would say go with a lighter set of offset wheels to get the performance of the lighter weight, and a little more stability also.

I suposse it's the same story with the terra pin for my stock savage (F4.6 motor)

The terrapins are a lot lighter, and IMO good tires for bashing and big air. They are soft and soak up big jumps well, but because of that they tend to have a lot of sidewall roll which affects your handling, and leads to more rollovers. They get good traction on loose surfaces though! Good for bashing, but if you want to race you need something a little more low profile.

I don't want to race. I'm playing in a field with lots of tall grass and dirt, and i think the terra pins being bigger would be more helpfull in the grass and in climbing a hill with grass.

In my experience the Terrapins are excellent on grass. Many folks here will recommend ProLine Badlands, I have never tried them myself, but they will be my next new set of tires. I wanna throw them on some offset rims. I hear they wear fast on pavement but other then that, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back