Black Tremor Wheels/Goliath tires with my new lid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
Well here is the lid I just finished with my new set of wheels. I think it looks pretty sweet.

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-4.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-5.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-3.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-2.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-6.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-7.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-8.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-9.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-10.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-11.jpg

GraveRobber-Tremorrims-Goliathti-12.jpg

GraveRobber6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know LOL. I know a guy that does powdercoating so I'm thinkin of going that route until I can afford the CF that I really want.

i have the old black ones i had on the savy at first.. id let them go REAL cheap. LMK!

/plug

OK so I tested them out a little today and the added width, and probably the weight also, has made the truck quite a bit more resistant to rolling. I still need to test for traction when it is dry out. It seemed like the terrapins had more traction on wet grass because I could see grass flying when I would throttle it from a stop. These tires tend to slip more on wet grass but not to the point where it hindered acceleration, but could not get it to wheelie. That was rare on wet grass with the terrapins also though. On pavement they seemed to slip a bit more but like I said it was very wet. It was actually kinda fun because I could carry some good speed while turning and slide the truck sideways instead of it trying to roll on me. Had a couple high speed drifts going and they made a cool tire on pavement sound like a 1:1 car LOL. Handling is definitely improved over the stock tires but I may have seen my share of wheelies unless I get a better motor or they have a lot more traction when it is dry out. Hopefully they will because on the wet pavement, if I throttled it from a stop, it would light the tires up for like 15 feet and the truck would get all sideways even though I was trying to keep it straight. So my tune is good and my clutch is working right, hopefully I can get enough traction to wheelie when it is dry out. If not at least it handles better LOL. I'd like to try out an ERCM pipe if it turns out they work well with the k5.9. Then I would be set for a pipe when I can eventually afford the mill to go with it.

Did some more testing yesterday while it was dry outside. It seems as though the Goliath tires don't really offer enough traction to wheely the XL. They spin just enough to where it won't wheely. Performance hasn't really been affected and it still accelerates really well, it just can't pick up the front wheels. I think part of this may be due to the lower profile sidewall and them compared to the terrapins. I think the terrapins may give a little bit of a "wrinkle-wall" effect like on a drag car therefore giving a little more grip. I swapped back to the stock wheel-tire combo to make sure it wasn't my tune, because I have been experimenting with different glow plugs, and the truck could wheelie all over the place again without changing anything else. Another factor is the weight of the Tremor/Goliath combo. It added a significant amount of weight to the truck compared to the stock combo. The handling does benefit from the new wheels though. I even tried to roll it on purpose and it really resisted the tendency to roll. It will even slide a bit under high speed cornering rather than lifting the inside wheels. I got it up on two wheels once and you could see the effects of the extra weight on the inside wheels. It only came up a little ways and the "pulled" itself back down with out very much steering correction at all. I still need to test on dirt and gravel but I have a feeling the Goliaths are going to do fine there as well and maybe even outperform the terrapins as far as traction is concerned. So it seems that only thing negative about this wheel setup is the lack of wheely power so far. But if I want to ride wheelies all it takes is a simple change back to the terrapins LOL. I'll let you guys know how they work for me on dirt/gravel/mud once I take them to the bashing spot. Also you really need the HD Servo Saver Spring with this combo. The bigger tires really don't have as good of control with the stock spring. I noticed a lot of slop in the steering and also many times my turning radius wasn't as tight. The spring just has too much give for these tires. I tightened it some but don't want to go too far and eliminate the travel altogether. I'm ordering the HD spring and an aluminum servo horn.

I have 2 friends with Terra Pins, and I run the Goliaths. I easily destroy them on the track cause the pins dig in so much and cause the truck to nose over under any speed. The Goliaths for me provide just the right amount of slip to do high speed corners etc.

I've throw the Terra Pins on a few times to compare and can't stand them. Basically in sand there better, but I'd rather slide than risk the 'dig to flip' 50% of the time anyway. Not to mention the huge sidewall flex difference.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the input. Sounds like you've had the same experience as me with these tires. I'll keep the terrapins around for doing wheelies, and maybe the dunes and doing large jumps since they have a little more cushion to them.

So I took these out and bashed the heck out of them for the first time yesterday. I have to say they are awesome off road. Good traction on dirt/gravel and the handling was a huge improvement. I have the HPI threaded body aluminum shocks and I adjusted them as soft as they would go which lowers the truck some and allows them to soak up more bumps. I ran this thing hard at high speeds, on an uneven gravel road with a loop in it, and never once rolled the truck cornering. It just slides no matter how fast I tried to take the corner. It was like a completely different truck out there compared to when the terrapins were on it. The truck just stays planted, even when I was running at high speed and ran over a bigger rock on accident the truck would bounce up but stick right back to the ground. Before, the truck would almost always flip over when that would happen. These wheels seem to work well for bashing and performance driving on all terrains. Much better than the terrapins for driving fast. Next I'll be trying them at the beach.

gearing

hey mike,i am new here,i just wanna ask if you changed the gearing?

thanks

No Richard, I didn't change the gearing . It is the stock 16/52 in the XL model. It still has all the get up and go I need, the reason it won't wheelie with these is more of a traction issue. Welcome to the forum BTW!

Thats a sweet looking lid Mike. Do you have a link where i can buy those tires and wheels ?:peace:

Also are they 17mm ?

Thanks guys. I haven't seen too many sets of Tremors around, especially the black ones. Most people seem to run the Blast wheel with tires this size, but I think the Tremor looks more like a "truck" wheel like you'd see on a 1:1.

Latest posts

Members online

Back