Big Joe w/ HPI Tremor or? Axial 8 Spoke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

Hi everyone.... i thought i would ask everyones opinion on the following...

I'm not a fan of huge wheels and tyres for performance reasons... but i have been doing a lot of jumping recently, and because of my XXL long wheel base, i found that my spi rims couldnt give me enough control in the air as they are quite light weight.

This is why i have gone with joes as my jumping tire as its heavy and i love the look. I will not be using it to blitz around as i don't want to heat my esc and motor up... Will just be used for big jumps.

Now... i have two options....

I can either go for the axial wheel such as

AX8012_b.jpg

which has probably been done many times before... But it does look great and will fit the big joe perfectly...

OR I do something that not many have done... I got the idea from another guy who put his joes on the HPI Blast wheels, so that is why i know this will work.

Also i like the idea of having a taller tire. So i also have more landing travel in my suspension....

hp3252.jpg

I will not be doing any high speed runs, i will not be stressing my motor. I will only use them to hit the ramp and return slowly.

What are you all thinking? Taller tire? or fatter tire?

Am i also right in saying that they both have 1/2" offset correct?

vid to the guy who put joes on the blast rim
[YOUTUBE]Hjm1JmD2CjQ[/YOUTUBE]
if it doesnt work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjm1JmD2CjQ

Last edited by a moderator:
1261429903.jpg

Been on mine 2 years and I beat on it and drive on pavement , I just keep re-gluing them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back