Big Bore replacement part #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

HPI Big Bore Shocks Part# A720

Here are part #'s for common replacements you will need on your Big Bores:

Shock Eye........................ Part # 85231.......... Link

Bottom Cap (saddle)........... Part # 85233........ Link ..........** these are on the same tree as 85231

Shaft............................... Part # 86383.......... Link

Shock Cap........................ Part # 85518.......... Link

Bladder............................. Part # 87500.......... Link

Metal Shock Cap................. Part # 86542.......... Link *** Note *** this is an option/upgrade part to the stock shock cap part # 85518

Aluminum shock body............Part # 86379........Link-> http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=86379

Special note on Big Bore Shafts

Most of these parts on the big bore (with the exception of the cylinder, shaft, 2nd smaller spring & connecter) are Hellfire shock parts.

You can use the Hellfire shock shafts in your big bore shocks. The Hellfire shafts are the same diameter (3.5 mm) but are shorter by 20 mm or .78 of an inch.

This shorter-shaft will lower your ride height a bit & is less likely to bend than the longer shaft on the big bore. Here is the part #.

Hellfire Shaft.................Part # 86541....................Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job there frddy, this should be turned into a sticky!! This will help alot Big Bore users out..reps for you bud..rockout

the shafts arent in america yet just to let you know frddy

Actually there is a hobby shop in Cali that has the shafts in stock.

I got their name from HPI USA by calling (949)753-1099.

You will notice my links go to HPI USA or HPI Europe.

Pretty much the only hobby shop i'll link is SMF if the part comes up when i search it. Dint wanna put a direct link to the guys hobby shop caz i haven't done business with them & don't want it to look like I'm recommending them.

But if you call HPI (949)753-1099, they have a list of shops that carry their parts.

Would you guys/gals reccomend these shocks for a savage xl?

HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock Set.
hpic0720.jpg

Let me just tell you i did get alot of roll overs on turns that i even slowed down for. So i did the shock mod on them to prevent that and bring it alittle lower to. I love it man.. Handles amazing and just takes a beating.

I checked out your build thread, great job hypnotiq.:10:

Yes they are

thanks pope. i did a little shock maintenance today and found an o-ring retainer partially ca'd to the bottom cap. someone musta gotten lazy at the factory and when the clips didn't hold they just ca'd the retainer it on. i woulda just left it the way it was but even the glue job was botched and only 1/4 of the retainer was glued on the remaining 3/4 was hangin' lose.

nothin' much i could to about it now except to glue a new retainer back on for the time being.

i also played with some hellfire shafts which i thought were just a wee bit too short, so i used 1cm fuel tube limiters and split the difference.

Anyone else had problems with the aluminum caps leaking? Seemed to seal up fine but after an hour of bashing on two trucks 6 out of 8 are leaking.

Fixes anyone?

Latest posts

Members online

Back