Best Tuned Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrews

Hi, I just got into the nitro scene when a friend of mine who was moving away gave me his stock savage 21, I have been working on it the past few days and just bought my first hop-up for it, a motor saver air filter, I read around the forum and heard people talk very highly of them, found one on ebay for a good price so I grabbed it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6051810360&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Anyway, the next hop-up I plan on buying will be a tuned pipe, I have seen many different pipes, some with dual chambers some that are ribbed and some that talk about being just barley legal for certain races and so on. Could you tell me what you think is the best out there, no price range right now, just trying to see what there is, thanks for your time :D

I have no experience myself, but from what I hear they break easily because of the location and don't hold pressure well so you don't get as much power from the engine, but maybe someone here can give you a first hand response...

Damn i know what you mean i bend the tips of the top screw from the shocks all the time when i do a cart wheel or a front over heel roll. but man it looks cool!

QShifter

Did Not Like

I had one on my Savage.... It had a noticable DECREASE in power and it ran hot... 300 degrees... I'll sell you mine if you still want one !!!

Ha Ha... forgive the post... just looked at the date... not toooo late am I ?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - don't feel bad X - I asked the same question, which started a fairly long discussion about where the term "mill" came from, and to this day still no one has figured out why it ever started being called that in the first place.

Perhaps we'll never know...

[hs] darkshine;20504 said:
i'm running the hpi ribbed on my 46 and love it, nice and loud with good torque, without sacrificing too much top end. hth!

is the ribbed pipe a 1 piece??

no, the ribbed pipe has a giant peice of silicone tube connecting it to the header, a one peice (or so called) uses 3 springs and an exhaust gasket.

the JP-3 for any size of engine for a good all round power band engine, the jp-1 and jp-2 are more suited to specific engine sizes.

hong nor big bore tuned pipe is a good contendor for .25 to .32 engines

HPI Polished pipe is good value for money, its a good all round pipe.

HPI Ribbed is all torque though, no middle or top end and its very loud. Alot of people think its better then it is due to that fact as sound is part of the Nitro experence.

loud and crap performance it is then...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back