Best steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Hey guys got everything squared away on the flux hp but I want to prepare myself if the steering servo lets me down or not. I was wanting some good opinions on some servo replacements and I would like to know if I need to run a capacitor or not?

A lot of people really like the savox 1210 on the arrma forum for their kraton/outcast/talion steering servo. I have had one on my outcast for the past 2 months or so. It's quick and very strong even on 6V. I'd suggest using a cap with it.

I would certainly go with the Savox 1210 over the 1232. It's a stronger servo for very little more and with a big monster truck like the Flux you certainly want all the power you can get to move those big tires.
Also, the 1210 is waterproof. That alone makes it a better option for a basher.

Awesome suggestion guys thank you. If i decide to upgrade it i will go with that one. I'm still waiting on wheels and tires because the one's that were on it when i received it were complete junk, chrome flaked off wheels not even glued at all and looked like complete sh*t.

Bit late to the party but I've gone through 3 servos since my flux conversion. Decided to spend more money on a decent servo and went with the Power HD 25kg metal geared servo. Had it for a couple months now and hasn't let me down. It's waterproof too which is a bonus.

It astonishes me that someone adds a cap into the equation and then charges a stupid amount for it :ROFLMAO:
$10AUD plus shipping for a cap?! Blasphemy!
Maybe I should make 100 of them and sell them on Ebay! :p

Good choice of servo though (y)

It astonishes me that someone adds a cap into the equation and then charges a stupid amount for it :ROFLMAO:
$10AUD plus shipping for a cap?! Blasphemy!
Maybe I should make 100 of them and sell them on Ebay! :p

Good choice of servo though (y)
I didn't pay that much for it that is for sure.

I ordered the DS3218 RC servo 20 KG which gets good reviews. It's not as good as a savox or better but it will do the job for less (reviews say).
I ordered caps too to make my own but i'll probably want a BEC.

I recently ordered a JX Servo DC-5821LV, 303oz/in .16sec @6V to try out. Figured I'd see how it is. Don't have anything to use it on, but will wire it up to a receiver off a truck to see how it feels/sounds compared to my others that I have installed without weight on them. The specs say it's 100oz stronger than the savox 0231 and a hair faster at 6V. I think I have a video of me trying that out compared to some other cheap servo that was slooooow.

I'm using a HiTec 7950TH @7.4v. Throws the wheels around pretty well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back