best price for a hi tec hs5645mg servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter4478

hey all. i was just wondering where i could find a hi tec hs5645mg servo at a reasonable price? thanks

If I were you I would wait till the Savage XL comes out, or I should say parts for it come out, they have a servo in it called a SF-5 it has torque is 9kg which is 317oz, I have no idea what it will cost but probably worth waiting to see, might not be thatmuch more than the hitec.

heres the page, scroll down and you can see the servo, you can convert it by typing "9kg to oz" in google, and google calculator will figure it for you.

If I were you I would wait till the Savage XL comes out, or I should say parts for it come out, they have a servo in it called a SF-5 it has torque is 9kg which is 317oz, I have no idea what it will cost but probably worth waiting to see, might not be thatmuch more than the hitec.

heres the page, scroll down and you can see the servo, you can convert it by typing "9kg to oz" in google, and google calculator will figure it for you.

Huh?

so then how is 13 kg's 208 ounces of torque

We are working with torque (force times distance,) which is oz*inch or kg*cm, so to convert from metric to imperial we have to do some dimensional analysis. Think chemistry and physics from high school. It works out like the following with a hypothetical servo that has 24kg*cm for torque.

(24Kg*cm)x(1oz/0.028kg)x(1inch/2.54cm)~=337oz*inch

Alternatively you can type in to google 24kg*cm to oz*inch so you don't have to do the math.

Nerdy math stuff over.

When my steering servo went out I just went with the Hitec HS-5955TG Digital Titanium Servo ... picked it up from our local track... I paid a bit more for it because I'm still new to the hobby so I learned the next time I will get it off E-bay... allot better deals without a doubt... I paid over $130.00 for mine... Yeah I know... I paid for my learning experience. I have seen them for under 75.00 bucks... and in my opinion thats worth it.

Since I have installed it... turning is much more responsive.. so much to the point I will be swapping the throttle one out for another 5955TG... I need a quicker throttle & more importantly a stronger brake... the stock servo just does not stop the Savage well at all...

I know those are probably the most expensive servos available... but in my opinion the servos put up with some of the most abuse our Savages dish out... you need something that will take the punishment... not to mention the Hitech warranty... I have heard they will replace them without questions.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

ya nitronutzz on ebay has them listed for like $35 or something then a couple bucks for shipping so it would be like $40 then if you mention that your a member of hpisf and know crash he will give you 10% off so your looking at about the same price sj payed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ya nitronutzz on ebay has them listed for like $35 or something then a couple bucks for shipping so it would be like $40 then if you mention that your a member of hpisf and know crash he will give you 10% off so your looking at about the same price sj payed!!

They have the "HS-5955TG Digital Titanium Servo" for 40.00? Man where do you see those? If you could post a link Ill take 10 of them!

Thanks ahead of time...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back