best cb/spur combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destructive

I don't really care about top speed....i want some punch to be able to pull up to and rocket off a hill or jump or whatever it is I see that i want to launch off of. right now I'm running 18/47 any suggestions?

if you wants gobbs of bottom end you should definitely gear it down a little, if you don't care about top end you should switch to a 15 or 16 tooth clutch bell. what engine are you using?

I'm with SJ, I run 17/49 on both of my trucks and love it. I may drop the CB on my basher to a 16 to gain some torque since both my trucks run extended chassis.

Is 18/49 gearing too high for me? I've got the LRP .28 with standard proline bowtie tires. Thanks in advance.

follow up question, if i use the stock Savage X 4.1 tires, will it be too heavy for my 18/49 gearing? Thanks. :)

Is 18/49 gearing too high for me? I've got the LRP .28 with standard proline bowtie tires. Thanks in advance.

follow up question, if i use the stock Savage X 4.1 tires, will it be too heavy for my 18/49 gearing? Thanks. :)

need your opinion guys. thanks

SavageXss-Thats right the Robinson combo dies have a 48T Spur. Thanks for clarifing it for me.

Is 18/49 to much for your truck, probably not since you are running the LRP but i would thing you would be happier with 17/49

As far as your second question with the stock tires being to heavy for the 18/49 gearing NO but if you had a lighter tire it would pick up speed quicker and you would regain some of the lost torque as they would be easier to turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am running 17/47 which is very close to the same ratio you have. I think you should be in great shape with your gearing with either set of tires.

I am running 17/47 which is very close to the same ratio you have. I think you should be in great shape with your gearing with either set of tires.

That is nice to hear lifter. BTW are you using 3 speed tranny? I am using the stock 2speed transmission. :mug:

I run 20/47 with Nubz Tires when I want to burn up the flats. And switch to 17/47 with GT2's when I'm just bashing around, or on hilly terrain.

I tried 15/47 yesterday, that was fun.

since modding my axial the 17/47 had too much topend,

the 15 cb slowed it down and gave it more lowend.

Latest posts

Members online

Back