Best brakes for the HPI Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGMat

What are the best, most efficient brake disks for the mighty savage?

Fibre? titanium? steel? carbon fibre?

Help me out guys! ?

If you place order with innovative RC he then makes them up, I will be placing order for some ally diff housings & original metal roll bar soon, but email first to confirm! ??

Yes I confirm. They wont hold stuff in stock, but can be ordered on request.
In my opinion the easiest way is dual fibre brakes. Cheap, last a season and for new season just new set. The problem usually is gearbox housing and the screws coming loose. In the innovative-rc brake kit the screws are not self tappering and are for metal so screwing them in plastic I'm not sure how long they can hold if your going to bash it.
Linkage mod, high torque servo+ dual fibre disks you shouldnt have any problems.

Yes I confirm. They wont hold stuff in stock, but can be ordered on request.
In my opinion the easiest way is dual fibre brakes. Cheap, last a season and for new season just new set. The problem usually is gearbox housing and the screws coming loose. In the innovative-rc brake kit the screws are not self tappering and are for metal so screwing them in plastic I'm not sure how long they can hold if your going to bash it.
Linkage mod, high torque servo+ dual fibre disks you shouldnt have any problems.
Cheers, i have found, if you tap the hole into the plastic part, remove it and then threadlock it and put it back in it tends to last a lot longer.

I used a couple of the full force RC CF disks on mine, they worked pretty good. I had the dual pink HPI disks on it prior to that, so it had the hub/"pads" from that.
2019-0429-SavageX-FullForceRC-CFBrakeDisks01.jpg

A decent servo about 20kg (not all servos produce the claimed/label torque), twin red fiberglass discs, remove stock throttle servo arm and replace with sliders/springs/collets, check how good the fit of the two screws holding the discs on, they sometimes are loose and can back out. Metal discs with pads seemed to quickly wear, not used carbon fibre discs much to compare with fibreglass, but would think the latter should be the best.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back