Benchmarking Best Practice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

At my job we do alot of this. To make it simple you take proven known fixes and troubleshooting techniques and lay them out in order by machine. Maybe this could be done here by different problems of the truck by area...diff,engine,tranny,clutch etc. Just a thought...gimme some feedback pro and con..later

Blazer X,

What you just mentioned I have been tinkering with and tossing around with my team mates. We all currently race savages. We have been doing this for the current race season and have to say it has helped drasticly. I support your post and maybe we should have a section where everyone can aid in the trouble shooting of current design flaws or issue with cetain aftermarket parts. This would do two things.
First, it would allow us to show HPI the flaws the end user recieves and provide betters solutions for them to fix from the factory. The savage has a wide usuage from race to bash and everyone is different on levels of abusing the truck.
Second, this would now allow member to see baseline results and mod or possible solution that could be beficial or a waste of time. Not everyone is loaded with money and would like to see so type of results before they attempt the mod or purchase of a certain component or part.

Good Blazer for bringing this up I think this could help everyone.

i can go for that too. Ive done many mods to after market parts I support you guys.

Hey butters so you race your savage..I like that, you don't know how many times I've heard people say " the savage is to heavy to race" and what i say is the hell with that do some wieght reduction and put a bigger motor in it.lol

I race/bash with DOOBEEWHA we have a killer small track in my front yard with a good little jump lol.....across my two car driveway...yeah so I'd like to hear about your choice of set up sometime. PM me

Savagecre,

I glad to see you race your savage to. To all those who say its to heavy, then whats an lst doing racing. Last year at the RC Car action Monster Madness IV race Jason Ashton was running a Cen Genesis against everyone else including the great Steve Slayden, and If i'm correct he TQ. This goes to show you that itial weight doesn't keep this truck from kicking butt on the track.

We normally race at RC Madness (http://www.rcmadness.com and RC Backyard Racing League http://http://www.rcbyrl.com/.
A little pro series but not much this year. And for racing I start to create some tyoe of base line measurement where I can begin researching if the mod was a waste of my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if it works, I usually copy his mods while throwing in a few of my own. And Butters you said that I could not fit the hellfire tank into the radio box :hardlaugh:. It only took 10 minutes with the dremel to get it to fit and half of the box gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stated "You wouldn't fit the Hellfire tank in the radio box if you kept all the side walls." and after looking at the mod I'm surprised you didnt have fun with the dremel!

And thanks for letting me be the scape goat for all the mods cheap skate!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back