Belting your tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This was posted on here once beforem but I can't remember who did it...

To reduce your tires from ballooning when they lose traction, trying places some strapping tape along the inside of the tire. this basically makes the tire act like a belted tire.

steps to complete the process.

first, you need wash off your tire. best to use a cleaner that cuts away grease and grime. turn your tires inside out and use the cleaner to remove any molding release agents (if its a new tire) or the dirt and grease that build from usage. cut a piece of strapping tape that will go around the entire inside body of the tire. the more layers u add the stronger the tire. i personally use just 1 layer. next, return the tire to its original shape, and your done. install the foam into the tire and mount as u normally would.

ive heard of putting dabs of CA glue along the tape to help bond it to the tire. this makes sure that the tape will hold

Brian

buy the 3 stage foam for your tires.(becouse they're a good hard foam) The glue them to the inside of your tires. The foam will prevent it from expanding so much.

weighted tires

has anyone ever tryd putting weights in their tires for better cornering control less flipping more power slideing ?just was wondering if anyones tryd it or if theres any sugestions on how to keep it from rolling over so easy i already took the shock spacers out of springs .its helpd alot but still got alot of roll over.thx everyone I'm new to this.

has anyone ever tryd putting weights in their tires for better cornering control less flipping more power slideing ?just was wondering if anyones tryd it or if theres any sugestions on how to keep it from rolling over so easy i already took the shock spacers out of springs .its helpd alot but still got alot of roll over.thx everyone I'm new to this.

Hi Max, welcome to the forum. your better off starting a brand new thread about making your truck more stable in turns. ive got a couple links that can prob help you out, but this thread is about belting tires :peace:

weighted tires.

thank you for the help and advice. I'm useing stock tires right now. but have orderd the big joe tires with axial bead locks on their way to me . just was thinking of tire weights on um but heard it might break dog bones and spurgears. so wasnt sure of trying it love running my truck more than fixing it lol. ill try posting a new thread else where didnt know i wasnt supposed to post here about the weights. just seemd ppl had good advice in this thread regarding tires .sorry everyone and thanks for all the info and help.

Latest posts

Members online

Back