Bell choice for XL just bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinart

Hey everyone,

I just bought a roller XL and will probably be putting an SH.28 (or similar) in it and I would like to know what size bell I should run for home / yard bashing?

I don't want to do 50mph nor do I want it to flip on its roof every time I gas it ... lol

I'm not sure what size spur gear is on the roller as I just bought it and its being shipped to me, but I'm sure you guys will probably know what come standard ..

Let me know what yas think would be the best choice

Thanx guys

although i have bells from 13 - 20 & a 47t spur, i say you start that .28 on 17/47 and then go up or down if you need to.

17/47 is pretty sweet tho.

Awesome frddyj, I'm ordering one now! Like you say, it will be a good start and just flip it up to fine tune later if needed :)

the stock spur on the xl is a 52 tooth. if you plan on running the stock spur a 16 tooth cb is the biggest that will fit i think. but like fred said 17/47 is the sweet spot for most savages. oh and make sure you get a hpi vented bell

lol damn, I'm bad at jumping the gun just ordered a 17 ... ok il order a 16 aswell and have a spare haha, and yes the one I got was the vented HPI one :)

Members online

Back