Bearing failure!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobasher

A bearing failed in the front differential. And stripped a couple of gears.
IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

I look have research a little with the bullet proof. I am running 2 wheel drive right now. I cant stop bashing I have to stop now cause a stampede is on the same freq as me.

I highly recommend the bp diffs, lost a couple bearings on the bp's and they lived through it. My standard diffs always ended up like in the pics

Ok, thank you. Just curios what is the bearing for in the pic. I plan to use Boca bearings in the diff. The one bearing in the pic has me thrown off.

You guys are awesome!!!
Merry Christmas
Chris

Ok, thank you. Just curios what is the bearing for in the pic. I plan to use Boca bearings in the diff. The one bearing in the pic has me thrown off.

You guys are awesome!!!
Merry Christmas
Chris

The one bearing included is intended for a plugnplay experience being that the id for the ring side is smaller.

Merry crimmas too!

I see the composite gear box/bulkhead is recommended are you guys changing that too. I am just looking to get it going again, but with better parts if i can afford them!!!
Chris

Ok, i believe I have all the parts ordered.
Bullett proof diff (front only)
Boca bearingd (enough to replace all 4 on front and rear diffs)
shims (I went with past threads and ordered from A main hobbies.)
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3263
Hopefully my LHS will have diff oil and grease. Not sure what wt oil I will use yet. I am slowly trying to set up the truck to race on an oval dirt track.
Thanks for all the help,
Chris

You should replace both if you are going with the bullet proof diffs.. The BP's are 29/9 and the stockers are 43/13 i belive..

Oh. I didn't realize that. I guess I will have to order another. I will be taking the rear apart any way to replace bearings. I was just trying not to spend a lot of money.

Latest posts

Members online

Back