Battery Pack in Futaba 2.4 3PM or 3PK??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Alright, guys I am wondering if any of you run a battery pack in your Futaba FASST systems? I'm meaning a Hump pack style or LiPo pack?

I was looking at getting some of these http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Transmitter-...72QQptZBatteriesQ5fChargersQQsalenotsupported For them maybe.

What do you guys think?

2200mah I think you will love it Jason. I modded my DX3R to take packs. Not a Futaba but best thing I did for it.

Really, I was thinking I would love it. It would be lighter than the AA's and a heck of a lot longer life. I get good run time out of the AA's but hate trying to remember them at the store. For the cost of these I will probably save after the first summer of running them.

I'm going to grab the radio and measure it now.

Ahh they arent that unsafe. Ya just gatta watch them. 2200mAh will last for ever. So ya just gatta charge it every other run or whatever.

Even if ya do over discharge its not going to hurt anything other than potentially kill a cell. There are ways of reviving an over discharged LiPo so long as a cell or more aren't dead. Don't ask cuz i'm not telling how unless you know what your doing.

Let us know how it works out, I seen those as well, but wasnt sure how it would work out.

Rob

I just wired (2) 1500mah 6v hump packs into mine. Runs 12v+ and lasts a long time between charges. I bet LiPo would be cool, but I don't have a LiPo charger. maybe next year when I go brushless in my Firestorm.
Let us know how the packs work out for ya Jason.

Well a little update. I received the packs today. Come to find out after the very slow shipping on the long boat ride the packs are not what they are described. They look very nice and similar however are not the same dimensions as described which would have fit. Now it's all about the fight. I have send an email to seller pretty much demanding he sends new ones out with in 36hrs and I will return the others which he will refund the amount in shipping or a dispute will be filed.

Sorry my feelings are if ya gatta advertise the truth. I will keep ya updated on the mess, LOL.

I just went with the Futaba pack in my 3PM - the Futaba charger is sold seperately - the transmitter has a built-in charging jack - just plug the jack into the transmitter and charge - plus the charger has a second cord comming off of it that just plugs into my reciever hump pack. I just plug them both in the night before I want to run and off I go. It's all Futaba so it's all good.

Sweet advice man. I do have the lead for charging the remove on my main Bat charger.

However, I'm not sure how my situation is going to turn out. The guy states he is going to refund me but I just tell him that I want the correct packs then will send the incorrect ones back. Will let ya know. I hope I can get the correct ones in.

Ya I got my money back and have the packs sitting here but arnt really useable. I could get them in there but would have to cut a little on the braces inside the bottom of the Radios. Just not sure I really want to do that.

Alright, figured i'd update here. I did place the packs into both of my 3PM radios and are working great. I did this by removing a little of the bracing on the bottom side and got them to fit. This is much cheaper than replacing with AA's when dead.

So these were the LiPo's right? Got any pics? I just picked up a 3PM and want to do something for batts but haven't decided what to do yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back