Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1n3sse

Can anyone link me to a high quality 2s LiPo battery? And tell me what exactly makes it high quality? I read that having a high capacity doesnt mean its high quality

You will get various responses.
I just built my first BL set up (savy flux) with the CC 2200kv motor. I didn't want to spend alot of money on packs so i looked around and found out that Blue LiPo and Sky LiPo are pretty good at $30 a pack for 2s 5000mah 40C. I only have 2 charges threw my blue lipos and they have equal cells.

Check out the hyperions. I have 5 of these now, and 4 more on the way today.5000, 5500, 6500. Mine are all 35c. And the all have a 6c charge rating, so they can be charged at higher amps. Packs always balance fine and dicharge fine. A little more than turnigy, but less than maxamps. Only downside to me is that they are not available in a hardcase.
http://www.allerc.com/batteries-lithium-polymer-batteries-hyperion-premium-lipoly-c-3_4_93.html
Allerc has the best prices on hyperions that ive found, and ship fast.

Can anyone link me to a high quality 2s LiPo battery? And tell me what exactly makes it high quality? I read that having a high capacity doesnt mean its high quality

ok, here's my opinion.

first, you cant go wrong with the hyperion that jeff linked or a maxamps pack. they are high quality packs because they use high-quality cells and connectors (inside to connect the cells) that are heavy duty and capable of a very high current charge and discharge (like 120A for a flux or 5c charging) without getting hot or failing.

second, imo, because the flux is appx 14# and needs high current flow to run & brake, i would only use packs like these to run it.

in a lighter car that draws less Amp, i would consider a lesser quality pack as it would probably be fine so long as you set your LVC to a have a nice cushion and prevent the pack from damage.

Frddy, would like to hear your opinion on hyperion vs maxamps. Other than price, hard case, and warranty, any other major differences?

I run the maxamps 6500mah 2s and they are very nice batteries.

pricey but you get what you pay for..

I'm gonna scoop up the 9000mah ones next.

Did I mention I prefer hyperion, lol

IMAG0229.jpg

Frddy, would like to hear your opinion on hyperion vs maxamps. Other than price, hard case, and warranty, any other major differences?

hope i never have to use the warranty, but if i put both sets in your truck without telling you which were which, you'd never know a difference.

again, if i were buying a pack for the 1/18 aj is runnin, id try a sky or nano-tech or something.

hope i never have to use the warranty, but if i put both sets in your truck without telling you which were which, you'd never know a difference.

So the major differences between the two are PRICE, hard case, and the warranty.
Hard case is nice, the warranty is very nice, just that PRICE that gets me, lol.
:$broke:

Latest posts

Members online

Back