batteries run out FAST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finx

I have 3 batteries on my savvy. One is the ofna 1700mah hump pack strapped to my rear bulkhead. I also had to put on the factory 1200mah hump pack on my front bulkhead because the 1700 ran out. The factory battery ran out today also so now I have 3 sets of batteries on my savage. the ofna 1700, hpi 1200 and a 4 stack of AA batteries.

I guess my 2 high torque digital servos suck up a lot of juice. Any ideas or links to anything that'll last longer than what I have setup?

i put new servos on my rig. both are high torque digital ones. guessing they're draining my batteries.

can I goto a 2500 mah battery pack? Is there a max limit?

what charger are you using to charge the packs? i had a hpi 1200mah that never ran out ... i was charging it with a hyperion 606i. are you using that wall plug charger?

I use the wall charger. I just charge it till the battery gets warm. Did i do wrong?

I use the wall charger. I just charge it till the battery gets warm. Did i do wrong?

no you didnt do it wrong, that charger is junk.

instead of buying more packs, you should invest in a decent charger that has an lcd display and will let you see that the pack is actually charging & set a charge cycle to shut off when the pack is charged.

here's why:

back when i had my nitro savage, i "charged" my pack over night with the wall charger wire and went to bash the next day. un-fortunately, the pack never charged and i didnt know it until the pack died completely while my truck was at W.O.T. (which makes the failsafe not work) and i almost lost the truck into a swamp (you can ask Judicator, he saw the whole thing). with the wall charger, i had no way of knowing if the pack was charged fully or at all.

that night i bought a hyperion 606i and never had a problem again.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HYPERION-EOS0606I-AC-DC-BALANCE-CHARGER-6S-6A-50W-/190505476051?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5b02dfd3#ht_4800wt_1058

pick up a squid too http://cgi.ebay.com/Squid-Charger-Charging-Adaptor-All-One-Traxxas-Deans-/150582391430?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230f68f286#ht_1826wt_905

Yeah thats one thing that scares me. I bash at my local park with some ramps. If I had a runaway at WOT with a lrp that weighs 15lbs at 50mph that could end VERY badly. Lots of kids running around. Illl swing by and check my LHS to see if they have one. I wanna run today when I get off work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back