Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

me and my bro went to a school close by and we ripped our trucks up and down the field for almost an hour... we drag raced and did donuts on the base ball field... we didnt break anything (that we know of) but both of the trucks are the dirtiest they have ever been.

heres some pics.(i have the savy and my bro has the revo 3.3)

P7160007.jpg

P7190008.jpg

P7190011.jpg

P7190010.jpg

A revo 3.3 would win on a drag no doubt.

what gives the revo advantage over savage? Isnt it a small block? damn that traxass

Yea ... Its also in a smaller scale truck class. Not in the same class as a savage.

It does has a revolutionary susspension, but can't take the bashage like a savage can.
It also has alot of breakable parts that keep you in the LHS.

======= A sooped up savage is another story.===========

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea ... Its also in a smaller scale truck class. Not in the same class as a savage. It has a revolutionary susspension, but can't take the bashage like a savage can. It also has alot of breakable parts that keep you in the LHS. A sooped up savage is another story.

what aload of...

the revo is the same scale as a savage. they race in the same monster truck class, the biggest difference is that the revo uses a small block motor due to its weight, yet maintains the same, if not usually more speed and accelaration.
traxxas class it as 1/10, tecnically the savage is also 1/10 but different manufacturers tend to use different scales.

the suspension set up gives the revo the longest travel on any monster truck in todays market, and as for bashability, my revo has withstood alot more punishment than my savage ever could, i.e. i have never broke a part on the revo yet, where as my savage needed a complete rebuild every 2nd week which was pretty annoying.

revo diffs are alot stronger, the design is more innovative, they are easy to work on, massively upgradeable... ill stop now

It was my impression that the savage was an 1/8th scale truck.

If thats not true,... then I stand corrected.
I never indicated that the Revo wasn't a great little truck. In fact, it is, for what it does.
And I also never said that my savage was immuned to the LHS.

What I did imply, was that for pure Bashing purposes, the Savage would stomp the revo like the mesquito, that it is, making alot of broken parts.
whatever class you say the truck is in.

As far as the load you speak of,.....

======================== put it in your pipe and smoke it.=========================

Doob, i owned a savage for a year, and a revo for 6 months. hence, i can comment on how for me they compare to each other. the revo, in every application is much better, racing it kicks butt, bashing it makes the savage look like a little girl, and the cost of replacing broken parts is none existant as nothing has broke, where as i could have probably bought a second savage with the money i spent keeping it going.

what aload of...

the revo is the same scale as a savage. they race in the same monster truck class, the biggest difference is that the revo uses a small block motor due to its weight, yet maintains the same, if not usually more speed and accelaration.
traxxas class it as 1/10, tecnically the savage is also 1/10 but different manufacturers tend to use different scales.

the suspension set up gives the revo the longest travel on any monster truck in todays market, and as for bashability, my revo has withstood alot more punishment than my savage ever could, i.e. i have never broke a part on the revo yet, where as my savage needed a complete rebuild every 2nd week which was pretty annoying.

revo diffs are alot stronger, the design is more innovative, they are easy to work on, massively upgradeable... ill stop now

My buddy has a revo ... he says its nice ,, but yes please do stop

So be it, poly.
Thank you for changing your tone to be more civil.

I have my own opinion of the bash factor, but I do realize that the savage could never be a true racing truck.

=============== It's just built that way from the start.====================

actually rc driver and rc car action did a race version of the savage. it held up very nice. every vehicle has it's strong points and weak points. It is also a matter of the driver and how much luck either way you have. I have jumped some wild off center jumps with the savage and landed fine. hit a jump went 2 feet in the air, cartwheeled and snapped suspension parts. it's luck and how you drive...............

Poly you have to realize that it is suicide to come to a savage forum and talk like that.:whipit:

I agree Mega. When you take in account of the driver factor, It could be anyone's call.

I wonder how long a revo would hang if say...SJ was behind the wheel?...lol
I understand he's one of the all time truck thrashers here... that would give me something to go by.

I think I'm pretty rough with my Savage and I do pay the price at the LHS for that driving style, for sure.

I also know of the guy who goes out of his way not to beat the truck in anyway. Why?... Thats anyone's guess.
It could be because he doesn't want to pay for the parts that break... Or maybe he just doesn't like the wrenching thats required.

And then there's the guy who owns both and yet, only beats the Savage because he knows that it can take a hell of alot of mayhem, and still come back for more.

The Savage by nature is a TANK, in comparision the other more nimble rides.

Yet, the savage can definately be modded to proform much better than an "out of the box" model.

======================== It really is all about how you drive in the final analyisis.===========================

After I posted my last comment I went to take a shower. While in the shower I was thinking (as all guys do) and I realized the reason a revo is "tougher" is because of it's weight. When it lands that sick jump it has less mass coming down thus the impact isn't is great as a 15LB savage. That being said a fair test would be to have a savy and a revo crash into a brick wall going WOT.

After I posted my last comment I went to take a shower. While in the shower I was thinking (as all guys do) and I realized the reason a revo is "tougher" is because of it's weight. When it lands that sick jump it has less mass coming down thus the impact isn't is great as a 15LB savage.
Very true, FX. "The scale" as I put it, is a big factor in survivabillity with these trucks.

Thats why I was considering getting a 1/10th scale truck for some wild fun.
They just don't break as easily. Well...it's a thought, anyway.

Although I think the Revo is a great truck in it's own right,

I think the revo vs savage test should be a WOT head on.

=================== That should settle my post about the scale comparision.=======================

Poly you have to realize that it is suicide to come to a savage forum and talk like that.:whipit:
Savage fan or T-maxx fan.
Everybody has the freedom to say there thoughts.
All feedback and or opinions are cool IMO.

====== It's the delivery that sets the tone.========

====== It's the delivery that sets the tone.========
Agreed, when I say "talk like that" I mean when your first post is just all out guns blazing attitude. Anyway I'm glad you had fun bashing with your revo buddy Savage X!

i am always bashin with my bro(revo owner) i don't mean to take sides or anything but my savy kicks my bros revos a$$ when it comes to bashing!!! the most i have spent on a part to fix my savage was $20. for the revo on the other hand the most he spent was $70.(don't ask me what it was cuz i have no idea) but don't get me rong the revo holds up very well when it comes to bashing.

well said Doobee. HPISF, is the sites name. By the way can anybody tell me what that fugly thing is next to that beautiful monstrosity we call SAVAGE. lol.

alright guys....I think we can get this thread back on track, or else I have to clean out all the comments except for the 1st post. Everyone's opinion is highly welcomed to the forum, they've always been. But, tone and comments in general can easily sidetrack a thread. This comment is in general and not aimed at anyone in particular.

Now, GO SAVAGE GO! ! ! ! !

all i can say is unless one has owned both trucks and put them through hell and back, then one is not qualified to give an opinon of one truck vs the other ...... but i can say from my own experience....example#1 ran into the tire of a car in my driveway @less than 30-35 mph 1 bent tvp,broken servo saver..1 broken steering crank post, battery/radio box broken where steering crank post bolts,1 broken bumper support ,1 broken joint post..1 broken lower bulkhead brace..and various broken screws....that was my savage x example#2 revo 2.5 with 3.3 engine swapped in... wot(45+mph) hit a 10 inch diameter wooden pole 1 cracked upper front arm 1 broken lower front arm and one broken shock push rod thats it..... i love all my trucks the savage xss kicks a$$ but don't diss the revo unless you have owned one

all i can say is unless one has owned both trucks and put them through hell and back, then one is not qualified to give an opinon of one truck vs the other ...... but i can say from my own experience....example#1 ran into the tire of a car in my driveway @less than 30-35 mph 1 bent tvp,broken servo saver..1 broken steering crank post, battery/radio box broken where steering crank post bolts,1 broken bumper support ,1 broken joint post..1 broken lower bulkhead brace..and various broken screws....that was my savage x example#2 revo 2.5 with 3.3 engine swapped in... wot(45+mph) hit a 10 inch diameter wooden pole 1 cracked upper front arm 1 broken lower front arm and one broken shock push rod thats it..... i love all my trucks the savage xss kicks a$$ but don't diss the revo unless you have owned one

well said Big Worm!!

There's so many variables to consider when doing a "this vs that" comparision.

Heck, even if we did have a WOT Head-on with the Savage and the Revo, and say the Savage came out on top, That wouldn't really prove anything because of the variables here.

Personally, I'm glad you like both your trucks, big worm.
You should, if their worthy of the time you spend with them.

Who knows, I might come in to having a Revo some day( not in the near future) and maybe learn the bond that is obviously present in Revo owners.

It's only my opinion that the savage has 9 lives in comparision to the revo.
But 9 lives doesn't mean there's no Vet bills to pay.

My comparing of an Apple to an orange is the issue here.
It's was all in fun. And not to be taken as the Gospel frig'in End-all to Savagedom....

But, as you know, There is always abit of pride involved with this kind of comparision.
Thats alright, in itself.

There's things about the Revo that are really cool....

=========== I hope I didn't hyjack your thread, Savage X. If so,... My appologies, bro.==============

Latest posts

Members online

Back