Attention LRP owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry dreadnaught for being so long yes they do you might have to email him tell him big mike s told you about the lrp and you will get it for 149.00 every were else i look was about 200.00 so to me that was cheap www.bigheadhobbies.com or [email protected] ok good luck thanks.

You can run a losi rotostart on the lrp also for those that would spin instead of pull.

:eyesOpenStupid: Team ***. also offers an adapter for HPI rotostart.I have been looking at this mill for awhile ,and with the prices I have seen lately,I think it's time to jump on the bandwagon.I think I will get the buku first and try it on my K4.6 first and then on to the spec 3.I am really glad I checked this thread,I am now convinced,Thanx guys!

What all do you need to convert the LRP to rotostart?I do most of my shopping at tower so make sure when you link something that its from tower hobbies unless they don't have it.

Hey guys,just got my LRP today and boy does that thing look sweet.Couple questions,the glow plug is freakin tight and i can't get it out,did you guys ever have trouble with that.Another problem is i put the flywheel on with the mugen nut(don't have the clutch shoes on yet)and when i turn the flywheel the piston doesn't turn over.I did put the brass colet on first before i put the flywheel on.

Is the crank shaft turning when you turn the flywheel? The slow plug thing is wierd. mine wasn't done up that tight at all.

Make sure you seal and loctite that engine. Mine came with all the screws loose and no loctite (it's a good thing cause it makes it really easy to go over the engine).

Hey guys,just got my LRP today and boy does that thing look sweet.Couple questions,the glow plug is freakin tight and i can't get it out,did you guys ever have trouble with that.Another problem is i put the flywheel on with the mugen nut(don't have the clutch shoes on yet)and when i turn the flywheel the piston doesn't turn over.I did put the brass colet on first before i put the flywheel on.

I just ran my first two tanks in my LRP today. I had the same issue with the flywheel. The brass collet that came with the engine was to small. So I had to use a different one. Also, when I put on the pilot nut, I had to put some shims behind it because the crankshaft was not threaded far enough for the pilot nut to hold the flywheel on. Good luck. Oh yeah, my glow plug was pretty tight, I just gave it a good turn and it broke loose.

yea mine was so tight i had to use the glow plug wrench with plyers maybe your at the pinch get glow plug out first and see good luck..

What a mess!!!!!!!! I tried to get the engine nut off to change the brass collet to the HPI one and simply can not get it off.When i grab the flywheel(I have a flywheel tool)it don't grab hold of the crankshaft and therefore i can't get the nut off.I think LRP should stand behind this and redesign a different one.

I had the same problem. I put on my pilot nut and tightened it down hoping it would snug down the flywheel. Well, it didn't. I was left with a tightned down pilot nut and couldn't get it to break loose since the crankshaft would turn. I tried to hold the end of the crankshaft with pliers and break the pilot nut loose but that didn't work. So I did the only thing I could think of.....and it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but it worked. I took a piece of plastic and put it in the hole where the carb goes. Where the opening is in the crankshaft, i stuck the piece of plastic in there and turned the crank until the plastic stopped it. Then I was able to turn the pilot nut loose because the crankshaft wouldnt' turn anymore. It worked for me.

Thanks alot bud,I guess i'll have to do that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back