Anyone using the Alza Diff conversion on there flux ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr havoc

haven't been active for a long time :( but bought a flux xl and in the process of fitting the Alza diff conversion.

Whats the best gearing for general bashing ?

I can't help with gearing but I have been looking at Alza Center Diff set-up. What Diff did you end up using if you don't mind me asking. Thanks Jaa

Spur: 48 - 52 T
Pinion: 10 - 14T ( I would check the motor temps as I go up the tooth)

Wow lol, then my gearing is wayyyyyy out. ?

I use a 44t spur and 20t pinion on my savage flux xl. I can't fit a spur any larger due to the motor mount hitting the end of the adjustment slides.

Would love to see the setups with a 48t spur, cause I literally can't imagine it working. Only time I used a spur higher than 48 was when it was nitro

I don't know much about the alza diff, but I have the alza chassis and it is amazing. I custom made an esc mount and got the center diff from rc4me.us

Its been working wonders!!

Sure do:
https://rc4me.us/product/hpig89017/

There's a thread of my build I posted fairly recently where I talked a bit about this center diff. TLDR, the metal injection mould of the diff housing sucks, but I had spares from my other old savages that I replaced it with. Other than that it is a decent upgrade imho.

Will look into the gearing inside the tranny itself when I get the time away from my actual car lol. Want to see if I can change them a bit

I have that in my savage flux, also from rc4me.us. I'm running 44/21 on 4S, tops out around 45mph. If I ran 6S, would likely drop that to 16/17. I have BP diffs and proline trencher 3.8" tires on it. I have roughly 700k oil in that center diff. Keeps it from unloading to the front constantly, but still gives enough give to let me drive more aggressively and helps save wear/tear on the diffs.

Surely having a 48t+ spur in a fux isn't normal?? The xl flux didn't come with that standard thats for sure, it came with a 43t as it says on their website.

@carldav where did you get this info from?
Pretty sure he's talking about the alza center diff conversion, which is just a center diff/motor mount, no transmission for gear reduction at all. Motor to center diff directly.
https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/flux-standard/26-center-differential-kit.html

haven't been active for a long time :( but bought a flux xl and in the process of fitting the Alza diff conversion.

Whats the best gearing for general bashing ?
I’ve been running ALZA diff conversions in all my savages with Losi tlr 3.0 center diffs. I run a 52 spur 15 pinion and my temps are under 150 degrees after heavy bashing.

This is my new build with an xmaxx 1275kv motor and a max6 esc.

Attachments

• 6ADB0EA9-299A-4E36-8461-22858A1E557E.jpeg
    6ADB0EA9-299A-4E36-8461-22858A1E557E.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 57
I love all my Alza products! Super fast shipping also. This is a work in process.

Attachments

• 20230121_130626.jpg
    20230121_130626.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back