Anyone ever run these Kyosho tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa2ruff

I was at the LHS last night and on the used shelf they had a set of 4 wheels and rims that someone had on a savage. $20 bucks for all 4 so I bought them even though I don't know anything about them. Here are a couple pics next to my dirt bonz which are on the stock rims. Has anyone ever used these big tires? Whats your opinion on them? Thanks guys!

Nice choice of tire. I personally love the terra tread type just because they make the savage look like a monster truck like the designer intended. I can't tell what the offset is on the new wheels but it looks ok. I hope you have a good strong servo to get those to turn. I bet your truck will have a whole new look to it.

they do make the truck look like a true monster truck. haven't tried them yet, just put them on to see what they looked like. Wanted to see what you guys thought about running them, whether it would destroy my gears etc. Blazer Is there an picture angle I could take and post or some way to get you the info you need to know the offset?? Measurements or something?? Exactly what I was thinking rodshemi, for $20 couldnt pass it up

Wheel Offset -- This is in relation to track width, but refers specifically to the wheels of the car. The more offset a pair of wheels has, the wider the track and overall width of the car will be. Most wheels are 0mm offset, meaning the edge of the wheel hub that comes in contact with the axle hex adapter is exactly in the middle of the wheel. Some of our sedan wheels feature an offset of 3mm, which widens the car a total of 6mm. While some off-road wheels are 1/2" off set which widens the vehicle a total of 1 inch.
....Basically take a ruler an measure from the inside of the wheel where the hex is to backside edge of the wheel and that is your offset or backspacing.

from mad force to savage, lol

from the mad force to my savage for 20 bucks! SavageX, I measured from the inside of the rim where the hex is, to the outside of the rim and it is 2''. Here is what they look like on it. Nothing special to you veterans, but Ill post them anyways.

Those look kick arse man...I would paint the wheels black and put the rear ones on the right direction...he he he I had to say it.

tomorrow

thanks rodshemi, I will be taking it out tomorrow and punish those things see what they got. Switched the tires, now I think I'm good to go! Ill try and take some pics or video for you guys to check out!

BTW, Maximus likes the new look, lol. He is laying there guarding it. hasn't moved since I put them on! The tires don't look so big next to Max's head

Those look kick arse man...I would paint the wheels black and put the rear ones on the right direction...he he he I had to say it.

They would probably grab a lot better if all the tires were like the left rear tire is.. Have my t max tires on that way .. talk about traction in the mud !!!!!

And mud is what I'm going to be in tomorrow! We had some snow on the ground 2 days ago, but today it was like 50 degrees outside and now everything is nice and muddy! I will try the tires both ways and see what happens. Thanks SJ!

WOW, took out the truck with the big tires and on the grass, mud, and dirt it is AWESOME! Increased ground clearance, I was climbing hills with ease, and my 645 servo turned the wheels just fine. The offset of the rims helped 100% to, when I turned it didnt try to roll or anything. Didnt do much on pavement, just a couple straight runs. Definately some good bashing tires for the offroad! I will try and get pics and vids but I have to find someone to come out with me and film for me!

Big tires are heavy, but they rule for bashing!
I run the HPI Goliaths and love 'em!

I agree totally whipnet! Cant drag race with these things, but boy do they run stuff over and tear up the mud and hills!

those look good if u leave them backwards u will get more grip we use to do that on our 4 wheeler for snow riding.

by backwards, do you mean how they are on now, or change them?

Hey Ruff. You might do better dying the rims if possible. There is a link on a sticky here that shows how to do it. The color might hold up better then just painting.
Only 2 more days for your new toys too......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back