Another busted gas tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

So I've broken two gas tanks in two weeks. Has anyone used those Integy gas tank guards? Or any brand to keep this from happening. Maybe just some very thin sheet metal around the tank will do...any suggestions?:jamout:

I used one until it fell apart, but while I was running it my fule tank never did brake..

Make sure your shock tower bolts are not sticking out too far; pointing toward the fule tank. if they are trun them the other way,
hope that helped lol

Ensure that the screws at the top of the shocks go outward, instead of screwing in towards the tank. Use fuel line and put it on the fuel tank mounts, this will help keep the tank from moving around quite a bit too. If your wanting an Integy Guard, look at their site and pick one, I can get you a good price with our account!

Here's a pic of one of my trucks with a tank guard.

DSC_3584_edited-1.jpg

]-[0pa]0ng;23950 said:
Here's a pic of one of my trucks with a tank guard.

DSC_3584_edited-1.jpg

Showoff.....

You could always do a midtank and then your fuel tank is protected by the tvps.
Also awhile back I bought a silver aluminum golden horizons fuel tank, those this are indestructible.

I know the feeling...I have a tendency to bust the fuel tanks, too. Not ready to do a mid-mount tank yet, but am considering it for the racer I hope to start building one of these days.

Latest posts

Members online

Back