Aluminum bulkheads ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGCON

Anybody using these ?
Is it a good upgrade ?

awesome upgrade on my flux. gear mesh stays correct under heavy power keeping diffs from destruction.

i went with the GH Alloy caz the SHD cups drop right in with no modding and they are the X-style easy access.

I was looking at the gh ones got them in my cart waiting on feedback lol

not sure what you mean by that, can you link?

that brace might be for an older savage version but I'm not sure.

Thanx

Ok thanks , I'm trying to beef up my xl I want to start hitting some big jumps .

I got the flux bullletproof diffs off the bay , GH bulks should be here today from RC planet. Seems like a easy swap any tips FRDDYJ ?

i still haven't installed the b.p. diffs yet.

ive been running the standard flux/xl diffs on 5s without any failure. i just dropped em in, no shimming needed and they been great ever since. i think youll love the gh bulks.

Cool thanks

BP diffs in GH bulks are to tight of a fit. You will feel the gears grinding!!! Don't do it!! Also the GH bulks do not seal up all the way so you will get dirt in them.

Tuna is right...

BP Diffs are a tight fit in the GH Bulks... but i have been running them and after a couple of runs, the bp diffs are now smooh... BUt i am now going to use the GH Bulks with the HD Diffs and put my BPs in the stock bulks... Honestly cannot rate these GH Bulks enough! Doesnt matter what sort of landing you have, the GH Bulks will keep your diffs in amazing condition and reduce frequency in maintenance!

Yes they are a little heavy, but its all good...

The main thing I didnt like about the GH bulks is the sand that got in them. If you don't know I run 99% of the time on the beach. Granted it didnt hurt the BP diffs with the sand getting in there but I think over time it would have worn the gears. So I went ahaid and put the stock bulks back on for my beach bashin and will use the GH bulks on another truck.

my bulks are pretty good at not allowing dirt in them... but i don't run on sand for the obvious maintenance reasons.

Ya sand can be a pain at first but If maintained right can be alot of fun. Added maintenance time is like 5-10 min before heading to the beach and 15-20 mins after I get back. Over time parts will still wear faster running on the sand but for me its worth the fun.

yep i would def be down on a sandy beach if i had one remotely close to me... Also i am sure that less goes wrong with the truck as less strain is put on the entire drive train and tumbles are not as hard... would be worth the minimal extra maintenance time

Ya The only things that gets strained is the clutch and engine in soft sand. You can overheat the Engine pretty fast if your not carefull.

I'm upgrading the bulkhead but not sure which one to get. Th FLM looks good but lack of easy access. The GH has the easy access but doesnt look like it is cnc machined. and from what I have read, the quality of the machining (the tolerance is a bit off). The flux diff doesn't really fit in it.

So between these two, which one would get? My main concern is the durability not so on the easy access..Anyone managed to break either of these bulkheads?

So between these two, which one would get?
GH

My main concern is the durability not so on the easy access..Anyone managed to break either of these bulkheads?

the easy-access is more of a selling point than youd think. i doubt you could ever break either alloy diff you choose. At one point i had both sets, the GH and the FLM and I sold the FLM to JR. i ran a flux on 5s with the XL/Flux diffs (not bullet proof) and never harmed the gears.

I ended up removing these from the flux because i ended up putting a mod in mine that wouldnt work with the alloy diffs. If your interested and in CONUSA, id consider selling the GH for $60 shipped.

pm me if you want pics.

eventually, i removed the GH Bulks

Thanks for the feedback freddy. And thanks for the offer too. But a friend of mine is also offering his. Will let you know.

Latest posts

Members online

Back